Political discussion. Keep it friendly!
By Wooster
I didn't say it was malicious, but the ferocity of the fire which ensued will have been noted...is the point I was making.

"Hey lets's get to the top of tower block and tip petrol down it, because we're credulous cunts who believe in fairy tales"
By richietog
Trump says he is under investigation for "obstruction of justice". No surprise there
By Wooster
Emily Matliss on Newsnight asked someone "what pushed you to vote". (for what?)
It was a staged event..all very jolly for the BBC...but ultimately meaningless.

If you have a vote you should use it, no coercion involved.
By Glamdring
Excellent article in today's Guardian by an American reporter. He summarises everything that is going wrong for Trump now, and has over the last couple of months. He reckons an impeachment is quite possible by the end of the year.
By Wooster
May doesn't really operate on a normal level, does she?
It's somewhere between wooden and moronic.

Who turns up at the site of a potential revenge terror killing and says they're 'pleased' to be there?
By Glamdring
I wonder who's going to come crawling out of the woodwork since the government has announced the Grenfell homeless will be rehoused in a new luxury block nearby where private sales are in the £ms+ per flat.
Mucho jealousy is going to ensue, methinks, but what's the answer? You can't house them across the country.
By Glamdring
Looks like Trump may not grace us with his presence. Too scared of protests. It wasn't in the Queen's Speech.
By loughor
I thought he "postponed" it the other week. Probably realised he'd not get any adulation, phoney or otherwise, like his arse-lick cabinet had to give him.
By Wooster
I think it was pretty clear that May had overstepped her mark almost as soon as she made the offer.
By richietog
Glamdring wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Looks like Trump may not grace us with his presence. Too scared of protests. It wasn't in the Queen's Speech.
I hope for the sake of the country that Trump doesn't come, I think with the over stretched fire services and police, with them also protecting the odious person, riots could possibly get out of hand. I think they have realised that thankfully, to their error with the recent terror attacks
By Wooster
Surely the "Great British Spirit" (all Mays be upon him) would overcome Trump... on the land, in the trees, and on the beaches of this, our own, Fantasy Island.

Bit weird how we keep hearing that..
"The Great British Spirit"
It's like they're hoping to sell us a new fiction.
Last edited by Wooster on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Glamdring
The guy in charge of Kensington housing has been required to fall on his sword. He didn't see that coming ten days ago. He gave a very mealy-mouthed explanation the day after the fire.
By Wooster
7 so far, 600 are being tested.

Why are there none in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland?
Is it unsuitable for our weather?
(Camden Council said they specified non combustible panels, but the company they hired fitted them anyway. If that's the case I think I'd fitting a tag to the heed bummer at Ryden to stop him fleeing the country.)
By Wooster
The Tories are at that infuriating catchphrase shite again, this time it's "A fair and serious offer" over May's offer to EU nationals living here.
I just saw some prick (Ashley Fox?) repeat it three times on the trot on Sky News.
QNAP NAS

Isn't that like watching paint dry....(or doing a […]

Bugs & Feature Requests

Looks better to me.

No Coal

On a related subject. I came across this. He's not[…]

what are you playing?

Loughor and I have noticed him...