Political discussion. Keep it friendly!
By Wooster
richietog wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:19 pm
About 600 high rise flat buildings seem to have the same cladding that caused the fire to spread so quickly
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40366646

You might be right yet, every one tested so far has failed.
John MacDonald is pushing it a bit, murder implies premeditation..and politicians at music festivals?
We go to them to escape reality, not for politicians to turn up and ruin the fucking buzz. :roll:
By richietog
That Johnny Depp and the likes of Madonna really don't help the cause to get rid of Trump. Not that I am wanting to murder anyone or anyone to do it on anyone else's behalf, I just can't stand Trump no more. But these stupid fucking retards and their egoism think they can say anything to make themselves look popular
By richietog
Wooster wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:26 pm
richietog wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:19 pm
About 600 high rise flat buildings seem to have the same cladding that caused the fire to spread so quickly
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40366646

You might be right yet, every one tested so far has failed.
John MacDonald is pushing it a bit, murder implies premeditation..and politicians at music festivals?
We go to them to escape reality, not for politicians to turn up and ruin the fucking buzz. :roll:
It's not that, I'm sure that some if not most will pass the cladding test, media always sensationalise headline stories like that, but in the US, they go over the top with their reporting. I just so amazed that the American Civil War 2 hasn't broken out, perhaps they have nukes this time
By richietog
So does Madonna, it's about time she quit trying to grab headlines
By richietog
Because the people who commissioned high rise flats live in posh houses/mansions and or manors, they don't give a fuck about the ordinary people. What this country needs is a real French revolution

Here's another idiot causing mayhem on planes
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40421811
By Wooster
I didn't know about this until today.
The Police and Fire services are exempt from VAT charges everywhere in the UK & NI, except Scotland.

In order to reduce costs in the face of austerity measures, we nationalised both forces (away from regional authorities) and HMRC are now demanding they pay VAT charges of £35 million a year.
That's not peanuts, it's a kick in the fucking stones by the Westminster Government for trying to streamline services in the face of reduced funding.

(The Barnett Formula is based on Government spending in England btw...all revenue from each nation used to go straight into the Treasury, then apportioned back out based on what is spent there.
That means that every penny saved in England, by reducing services and privatisation etc.. reduced the percentage of return to the other nations...and that's why you've been fucked over so badly, while the establishment try to say it's the fault of 'the provinces', when it's not, they're fucking England in order to fuck everyone else.)
Selling pensioners houses to pay for their social health care in England was another step in that process, since the knock on effect would be to reduce the portion of NHS funding to Wales, Scotland and NI...you were the intended guinea pigs.

..this VAT issue is indicative of that.
We take a radical (some say drastic) step to maintain Police & Fire services, and Westminster fucks us to the tune of £75million since it was introduced a couple of years ago.

Despite that, the Tories have no problem pulling £1 Billion out of their arses to pay a few DUP MP's to prop up their Government, while those newly elected Scottish Tories sit there and say fuck all about this VAT ripoff, the despicable bastards.
..and that's ruddy swearing.. ;)
By richietog
They invest these millions in arms so they can sell it to Saudi Arabia to get billions back, it only ends up in the pockets of the arms industry unfortunately. The government does seem to have an unhealthy amount of shares in the arms industry by the looks of things
By Glamdring
We're the world's second or third largest arms exporters. Certainly in terms of smaller stuff.
By richietog
But the drawing of the bicycle is classic
Virgin

As I clicked "submit" I thought ' oh han[…]

YouTube has darkmode across all browsers now......[…]

Recipes / What are you cooking?

We all knew vegan was a middle class fad. Some are[…]

General 'Tech' News

I've been with TT's broadband since '96 when it wa[…]