Political discussion. Keep it friendly!
By Wooster
If that Exit Poll is right, May has screwed the pooch. :)
I wonder if Gove and Boris are planning their new leadership campaigns already.
By richietog
That's right but I believe that a lot of people don't say who they voted for really, so it's hard to gauge the result
By Glamdring
Exit polls tend to be accurate-ish, but the voters have fooled them before just for a laugh. We'll wake up tomorrow with a Monster Raving Loony Party in power, as they've demonstrated more sense than the rest combined.
By richietog
First result in, Newcastle have voted for Labour meaning they keep their seat
By Wooster
Frankie Boyle's election show was quite good.
Ripped the piss right out of Paul Nuttall. :D
By richietog
Nope

Fuck, how can you Scots ever vote Tories? Exit polls suggest that the SNP have lost seats and to the fucking Tories
By richietog
Rumours abound that Kensington, the richest council in the country, will go Labour, according to an expert this would be an earthquake in politics.
By Wooster
We used to vote Tory all the time......well, those of a particular religious bent did. :)
I can't stand the fuckers but I think that Labour might have made a bit more of a comeback than the Tories have.
The problem Labour had here were the amount of entrenched arseholes in the party, but the last election rid them all out and Corbyn has got many of the worst south of the border under some control, so they're starting to appeal again.

I've been voting SNP for donkeys, but even I was starting to get a bit worried about a single party state, so I think it's good for democracy.
By Wooster
p.s. Apropos of a potential comeback for the Tories here.

On the site of the old Ravenscraig Steelworks (another relic of Thatcherism) they've built a pile of new houses...and the people in those new houses voted in a Tory councillor.
..that was a shock. :)
By richietog
The only thing if Corbyn did get into power, is that he would get rid of the monarchy, he is a person well known not to sing the National Anthem, but that could be also because he is an atheist
By Glamdring
I'm an atheist. Britain is a secular nation, and a monarchy. It's all tradition.
Corbyn can't be the next PM as it stands but I doubt TM will last out the next year or two. We'll be having a new election once the gnashing and wailing has died down and some hard thinking done.

YouTube has darkmode across all browsers now......[…]

Recipes / What are you cooking?

We all knew vegan was a middle class fad. Some are[…]

General 'Tech' News

I've been with TT's broadband since '96 when it wa[…]

QNAP NAS

I found it hard to believe they'd abandon a piece […]