Everything else. (If you're not sure where to post, post it in here)
By Andrew
Hi

Having seen LED bulbs on the Gadget Show just recently and the place where I volunteer get LED bulbs installed I was thinking about switching my bulbs to LED ones to save a bit on my electricity bills. In my flat I have on/off switches and no dimmer switches. Does this cause any problems?

Would you recommend LED bulbs? Are they any good and can you recommend a brand? I see on the Asda website they sell LED bulbs.

I have 4 bulbs I want to replace. The living room, hallway and bedroom.

Any help or advice would be great.
By loughor
LEDs are not fussy on normal type switches. If you did want dimmers then some bulbs will and some won't so just check the box but a dimming bulb is OK in a standard socket. I have mostly LED all round the house. Just a few old spots to change when I cba. I h=get them from Homebase, B&Q, Tesco - anywhere I am when I want one. Just make sure they are LED and not the other types.
By Wooster
I don't like them for house lighting, there's no warmth to them and, if you lower the Lumens/(old skool Wattage) they flicker enough to give you a fit.

I have a drawer full of the damn things. luckily they were cheap(ish).
Only place for large LED's is in your fridge, and on your vehicle headlights. ;)
By richietog
Just make sure they have a good CRI rating, otherwise you might as well go back to tungsten bulbs

I spoke to the person about the Scrabble game toda[…]

Syncing two ipods

I wouldn't recommend shared iTunes account, becaus[…]

General 'Tech' News

There might be some interesting laptops coming soo[…]

Call of Duty genre

Sniping when running? Unbelievable, really is