Everything else. (If you're not sure where to post, post it in here)
By loughor
Hideous car (except front on). That arse end is to cry for. The designers should be made to die for.

Not that it matters what I think. I can't afford one and it will be unlikely I'll ever see one on the road.

Today I went out for an early morning empty road drive around, just for the fun of it. I averaged just over 38mpg from the petrol Sportage on country and city roads with a belt on the M4. I'm still running it in (as in taking it easy). After six months, it turned 750 miles today.
By Glamdring
I now have a very utilitarian VW Caddy Life five-seater. I need the room and flexibility. 1.4TSI 7 speed auto. It's very quick off the mark, more so than my last Grand C-Max 2litre turbo diesel. That averaged 38mpg over its life. The Caddy is supposed to be of that order but the first few hundred and I'm only doing 32. The brakes are a bugger. They snatch like fury, as if they're an on/off switch. I might have to take it back in. It's embarrassing in a queue of traffic when I lightly touch the brakes and the car simply freezes and lurches to a halt. It has all the toys I need but it isn't luxury. I knew that before I ordered it. A classless vehicle for getting me from here to there.
By Wooster
loughor wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 9:41 am
Not that it matters what I think. I can't afford one and it will be unlikely I'll ever see one on the road.
It's a meh! from me also.
By Glamdring
One of the annoying things, from an envy point of view, is that it's probably insured on the owner's fleet/company insurance for the price the rest of us pay for a Focus.
By Wooster
I fitted the car with a full set of Michelin Cross Climate tyres back in December/January (can't recall exactly when) and they're easily the best tyres I've ever fitted. ;)
(I paid £24 for a Costco card and saved more for the tyres alone on a deal they did...they're not cheap.)

I thought they'd be handy if we got a really bad winter, and we didn't... but it turns out they're awesome in the wet as well.
(I've been using the back roads to Edinburgh over the last couple of days and they just rip through deep standing water at motorway speeds without any aquaplaning or pull.)

Brilliant tyres.. ;)
By Glamdring
I see Richard Hammond has fractured his knee in a hill climb race in Switzerland. Clarkson says he's 'mostly okay'.
By Wooster
That thing looks like it wouldn't be able to clear the speedbumps in the average supermarket...stunning though. 8-)

-edit- The suspension probably lifts, eh?
By richietog
He takes far too many risks that Hammond
By Wooster
He lost the back end by the look on it.
The software might still be under development, and you rely on that to control the power delivery, so it might have been a bug that gave him far more power than he was expecting.
He didn't even look like he got a chance to try and correct either, it went round like it was on ice.
By loughor
I went out for another early morning cruise. I kept close to the coast so fairly flat. I had the roads almost to myself, so could just cruise with very little stop/start. 31 miles, average 47.5mpg. (if you believe the computer). Which I was pleased with. That's good for petrol in a SUV type car. The official government maximum figure for extra-urban is 45.6, which is usually at the optimistic end of the scale.
By Glamdring
It is good. Better than mine just now but mine is increasing as it runs in. Only done 600 miles so far. You can get a compare-with-others reading from honestjohn.co.uk. He collects readers' actual mileage for all the cars around.
By loughor
It wouldn't be that good on a run to the shops or whatever, with other drivers about. It's the light foot and keep going that does the job. I'm still running in (even though it is regarded as unnecessary by some). Nearly 900 miles. I have a long trip at the end of July and I'm wanting to hit 1000 by then so I can go nuts.
Syncing two ipods

I wouldn't recommend shared iTunes account, becaus[…]

General 'Tech' News

There might be some interesting laptops coming soo[…]

Call of Duty genre

Sniping when running? Unbelievable, really is

Xbox One X help

not xbox one x related but similar hoping to get m[…]