Everything else. (If you're not sure where to post, post it in here)
By Glamdring
When I first got mine the brakes snatched like fury, especially in slow traffic. They've eased a bit now but they can still surprise me: the lightest touch and you jerk to a halt. It embarrassing, annoying and uncomfortable.
By loughor
Today was the Tesco run. It was also the first time I'd used the aircon in this car. I avoid use as a norm as it can increase consumption (fuel, not tuberculosis). It cut in remarkably quickly and cooled me as required. The seat warmers were also appreciated during the winter months. Passenger comforts are good.
By Glamdring
I couldn't survive without aircon. It's one of the best inventions since cars began. When I was still working, coming out on a sunny summer afternoon to find the car like an oven and spending ten minutes with the doors and windows open before I dare get in... I won't go back to that.

Mythbusters did a test to see if keeping your windows down while you were driving was more fuel efficient than using aircon - and you know the size of US cars. The myth was busted. No noticeable difference.
By loughor
I'm a windows up all the time while moving driver. The passengers can put up with it or walk. Sunroofs are also crap in my estimation. Open top cars - well no thanks. If I wanted to be out in the air I'd have a motorcycle and get killed.
By Wooster
Bikes aren't that comfy in hot weather unless you have an open road in front of you and lots of zips open.

In saying that, getting the head down and arse up at 70mph, just so the draft can blast down the back of your jeans and dry the crack of your arse is a rare treat. :D
By loughor
When I were a lad, I had a Lambretta. No helmet laws. You shouldn't let 16-year olds out on motorised transport but they did. I was lucky. A pal from school hit a car head on and was paralysed and brain damaged. I sold it soon after. I wasn't much safer in my dad's car after I passed my test. I cringe when I think back.
By Glamdring
True. I knew a guy who was paralysed from falling off a ladder washing windows. Bikes are dangerous, but so, I imagine, is the exhilarating riding one.
By Wooster
Bikes are safer than they were (it's not usual to get ABS and adaptive traction control as standard) and the training and awareness is also better.
I'd far prefer to be on a motorcycle than a bicycle on a country road.
By loughor
Insurance renewal: £302.40. Not as bad as I thought but not cheap enough. I realised there was a rise on the way what with these gadget cars (like mine) costing more to repair and didn't they raise the insurance tax? I have three weeks to find better. Introductory policy discount and all that. You get bugger all for loyalty, or as the insurers see it, laziness. Not on a comparison site, though. I'm not giving them any information.
By Wooster
Mine is at least double that..iirc £680 Class 2 Business with Breakdown
By loughor
Mine has a higher excess that I'd like, not that I expect to use it, of course. Max 8000 miles even though I only do 2-3000 tops. Garaged. It all helps.
By Wooster
Excess made little difference to mine, bad postcode, parked in street.

Ironically, my car has never been touched, even on the rare occasion when I've left it unlocked overnight with the windows down during summer.
By loughor
I was looking for some TV to take me through to Dark Matter and found Paul Hollywood's Big Continental Road Trip. This ep is about Italian cars. He's just been in a multi-million £ Pagani prototype. It beats the earlier Alfasud.

Germany tomorrow and ending France on Weds. French cars are shite but I did like my Renault 5 TS that I bought new in 79/80 (V reg). It was nippy but made of foil and had rust.
By Wooster
Why don't you take one yourself?

My ex brother in law had a Mini sitting outside unused for a year or two, so he drove it to Malta (parents house) via Switzerland (just for the hell of it) and got the plane back.

Pick up Glam and he could drive while you get pished. :)
By loughor
He couldn't drive my car. It is a proper one with gears and everything, not an automatic mobility scooter. (Just kidding - I bet he'd do better with gears than me in an automatic.)

I spoke to the person about the Scrabble game toda[…]

Syncing two ipods

I wouldn't recommend shared iTunes account, becaus[…]

General 'Tech' News

There might be some interesting laptops coming soo[…]

Call of Duty genre

Sniping when running? Unbelievable, really is