Everything else. (If you're not sure where to post, post it in here)
By Wooster
They sound good. :)

I have a Historic Scotland card and didn't think to ask if HS and TNT have a reciprocal deal until after I'd paid into the last of a few sites around Southampton recently.
Apparently they do. :)
..to be fair the bloke at Hurst Castle offered to refund the difference, but the deal was done.
By richietog
With the RGB strip, my computer looks like a nightclub...though I need to bling it up with RGB fans and a couple more strips for it to bring it to nightclub standards
By richietog
oops, they suspended my account, w*nkers

To be honest, I don't think I need a website, no one has contacted me via the website, but I guess I will keep it for one more year and decide whether it's needed
By loughor
Today I breezed through the Everyman (online, not in the paper), which is good for me. Sheets washed, then grass cut before it gets too sunny and hot out there. I'll have the rest of the day off unless I suddenly feel inspired to be useful unto myself (not a euphemism).
By Wooster
Somebody gave me a spliff earlier (Moroccan, not Grass).
I haven't smoked for two years, or any weed for a while longer...

I think I might be heading for a whitey, but not sure if it's the nicotine or the weed. :) :|
By Wooster
..it was fine, rode it out. :D

Something else that happened today.
I needed a lift to the shop from my sister (had a drink while the Blegian GP was on) while I was working on the car.
As she drove past to turn I wondered why her car sounded like the (original) Ghostbusters car (ECTO-1).
https://youtu.be/mlNzmGrKEhs?t=57

Turns out her cat had been sleeping between the front grill and radiator of her car when she drove off, so it was meowing like fuck and she couldn't hear it. :D
(It was fine, just a few stone chips and mild trauma)
By Wooster
I also found a Nokia 5110 in a bag of cassette tapes out of a car I owned about 18 years ago.

It's not taking a charge though.
Was thinking about buying a cheap PAYG sim for it, since it'll probably work from the Moon.
By Glamdring
I have a Nokia N95 for that purpose. You just need to use it once every few months to keep it valid.
By richietog
I am so not used to the Japanese date system, it's YYYY/MM/DD if you wanted to know
By Wooster
It's a superior system for digital filing, I use it for my invoicing and accounting.

If you use the standard UK system and transfer files to another system (i.e. back up), they can't be sorted by date, since they all show up as being modified at roughly the same moment.
If you use yyyy/mm/dd the filename itself will sort them in order of date (assuming they all have the same prefix. i.e. Invoice 20170827, Invoice 20170828 etc.)
By loughor
Consarn it. My old Kenwood Gourmet food thing from the late 70s or early 80s seems to be giving up. I just prepared something and I smell burning electrics, like the motor is soon to retire. Best I get looking for something that does the same and more, if possible. Arse.
By loughor
I have a smallish thing I can use until I find a replacement I'm happy with. It isn't worth fixing after all those years. I mainly knock up sage and onion stuffing from my own ingredients - Paxo is probably the best commercial brand but is total shite compared to mine.
By Wooster
Today I'm wondering if Diana would have been in the fucking news less if she hadn't died.
By richietog
I'm sure the royals would be more popular today. With the internet, it might have been 24/7 almost wall to wall with her
Recipes / What are you cooking?

We all knew vegan was a middle class fad. Some are[…]

General 'Tech' News

I've been with TT's broadband since '96 when it wa[…]

QNAP NAS

I found it hard to believe they'd abandon a piece […]

I use it all the time. Not just for email, but to […]