Everything else. (If you're not sure where to post, post it in here)
By Wooster
The Royals aren't the problem, they're probably as sick to the back teeth of fawning lickspittles and the grief industry dragging it up as much as I am.
By Wooster
Today

I saw a Vegan billboard advert.
Something to do with 'humane' eggs being a myth, so we should (by implication) stop eating eggs and become Vegan.

So what happens to all the billions of chickens who's eggs we don't eat anymore then?

Do we set them against all the Vegans?
By loughor
Autumn begins. That means even more condensation on the inside of the double glazing in the mornings. I have an old house that doesn't know what a damp course is. Not quite central heating temperatures yet.
By Glamdring
I never figured out why it condenses like that. When I bought my house it came with year-old double glazing. After some years they did start to condense, and then they stayed marked. I had them replaced nearly ten years ago and they've yet to to start condensing. Of course mine are sealed units, not all double glazing is.
My heating nipped on yesterday morning until I could get to the thermostat.
By richietog
Oh craps, concert tonight and I have barely done shit all for two months exact. Battery charger playing up, and I can't find the damn spare one which is the good one.....grrrrrr
By richietog
Oh I see it's not the charger itself, it's the lead. When the charger heats up, due charging the battery, the connection to the charger kind of expands which is weird....
By Wooster
Not weird, dangerous.

If the power brick is swelling up it implies that the insulation on the windings is failing, so there's a risk you could suddenly find you have 220V hitting the battery instead of the 20V(?) it's meant to be.

If it's in the laptop itself, it won't be 220V but still might be a lot more than it should be.
(That internal transformer will be responsible for dropping the voltages on the motherboard. i.e. 3.3V, 5V and 12V)
By richietog
Erm...I'm not sure how to explain it.....I'm not talking about the plug itself, but the end bit that connects to the battery charger does seem a bit loose when connecting it up. I think it's because the metal connectors have been forced into something it wasn't supposed to be used for, I dunno who, or the device it was supposed to be used for has bigger pins than usual (everything is supposed to be standard), anyhoo, fuse taken out and will no longer be in use again.....

I don't know what device to replace the dongle I lost
This one
https://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-as-yo ... 2088394565
or this one
https://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-as-yo ... 2088393227

The latter doesn't have the ac wifi standards of data transfer, while obviously the other one does. The first will last a lot longer in the field if needs be
By loughor
Today I had a plumber in to sort the bog syphon. It was becoming hit and miss so best sorted while it would still (eventually) wheech the jobbies away. Just the diaphragm changed (and the doughnut type washer - well I asked for that to be done while the cistern was off). You can feel the difference in the handle. It is much firmer and flushes first time. I could not have done this myself.
By Wooster
Tipping half a soup pot of water down the pan wheechs the jobbies away just as well, if it's broken.
....jfyi :)
By loughor
Yeah there's been an empty bucket on standby just in case it failed before I got it fixed. I'm not always quick to act at non-disaster round-the-house repairs.
By loughor
The weather forecasts leading up to today were for heavy rain all morning and then clearing up around midday. I changed my plans accordingly. It seems there was a modicum of rain overnight but now it is just overcast with damp ground. I somehow feel cheated, but I'm not complaining, even though it may come across as such.
By Glamdring
We had rain for most of the morning, heavy then lighter and just dull in the afternoon. One of those odd days when the forecast was correct.
General 'Tech' News

There might be some interesting laptops coming soo[…]

Call of Duty genre

Sniping when running? Unbelievable, really is

Xbox One X help

not xbox one x related but similar hoping to get m[…]

Video drivers

New nvidia driver last weekend