Everything else. (If you're not sure where to post, post it in here)
By richietog
Got my laptop back today £155 on top of the £55 I paid for "diagnosis" and £23 for parts
By richietog
The thing is not worth it, to be honest. I am not quite used to the AMD laptop that I have, but the repair has solved the main problem, but not all the problems like lack of the USB ports still don't work

I have to do the keyboard problematic laptop myself, with that kind of money spent on this trivial problem
By Glamdring
Apparently I'm now amongst the top ten read contributors amongst the English Quora members. The standard of answers will undoubtedly have plummeted accordingly.
By richietog
Got my PC case today, after a delay, because some asswipe didn't want to sign for it when it originally came. Not happy with it as it shorts out the pins on the mobo connectors, unless I can find a very thin sturdy piece of plastic to stop the shorting on the case. But what do you expect for £23?
By richietog
How do you replace the PC case free of charge when replacing it will cause the same thing?
By loughor
If it shorts out something and it isn't supposed to then it is not fit for purpose. If there is an inherent fault then it is up to the seller to put it right, unless you are messing up. If you have bought incompatible components then that is your fault.

Refer to Consumer Rights Act 2015 or The Consumer Protection (Amendment) Regulations 2014. You can read and decide for yourself. All searchable.
By richietog
Yup, I may try put a piece of paper between the mobo and case to see if it does go through, but it looks like the contacts are touching
By Splinter
richietog wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:51 am
Yup, I may try put a piece of paper between the mobo and case to see if it does go through, but it looks like the contacts are touching
What model and make case is it?
By richietog
Splinter wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:18 pm
richietog wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:51 am
What model and make case is it?
http://www.ebuyer.com/740069-cit-dragon ... n3blackwin
I said £23, but £3 out isn't bad I guess
By Glamdring
I watched a drama documentary a few years ado about the hideous Magdalene schools in the Irish Republic, orphanages run by Catholic nuns. Their abuse was horrendous.
And now we have another supposedly caring Order.

Bodies of 'hundreds' of children buried in mass grave - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41200949

Christianity at its best?
Recipes / What are you cooking?

We all knew vegan was a middle class fad. Some are[…]

General 'Tech' News

I've been with TT's broadband since '96 when it wa[…]

QNAP NAS

I found it hard to believe they'd abandon a piece […]

I use it all the time. Not just for email, but to […]