Talk about the big screen and little screen in here.
By Wooster
loughor wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:17 pm
I just saw there's something called Cleverman on BBC2 tonight. An Australian scifi thing previously on BBC3 online. Never heard of it. That suggests I'm not the target audience but worth at least a go at the first episode because of the scifi tag.

I watched a bit of it and I'm not really impressed (It's on BBC2)
Werewolves ... for the 1000th time.
By loughor
Ah there's a few genres I don't bother with (always exceptions to any rule). The most boring and ignored is anything with zombies. Then vampires and werewolves equal. They are nott scifi. Thanks for the warning.
By Wooster
No, I didn't see anything sci-fi about it.
Maybe they're alien werewolves. :)
By loughor
Supposed to be based on the Aboriginal story of creation. I deleted and cancelled it anyway.
By Wooster
Hmm, that makes sense.
It might have been better if they'd set it in the correct time, instead of the present day.
By loughor
Today I watched all of Top of the Lake S02.
By Dirty Harry
Midnight Texas, bit like True Blood.
By Glamdring
Yep. I watched Ep1 too.

This week's Dark Matter was quite good.
By Glamdring
How come Andy and Jamie Murray's mum is now a celebrity? What on earth does she do?

-

This week's GoT was very good.
By Wooster
This weeks GoT was one of the best and next weeks looks quite good as well.
By Glamdring
Dark Matter.
'We're on our way to an uncharted planet'.
Um, how?
By loughor
They had the coordinates that nobody else had because it had not been charted yet: unknown except by the people hiding there. It became known to the androids via the update. Come on Glam, don't be grumpy because it rained on you. It was only water. ;)
By Wooster
I see The Big Bang Theory has a spin off; Young Sheldon.

It looks good, but I really don't like the 'Wonder Years' format. (Which is why I detest The Goldbergs)
By Glamdring
Never got on with that. Too forced. When I think about it there are few comedy shows/quizzes I enjoy these days. QI obviously, and... and... well I might like Question of Sport if I enjoyed sport more than just cricket. I wished I could pick up the habit of listening to the R4 quizzes and shows but I never seem to. When we lived in Kelloholm we had a big brown radio but that never made the move from there to Donny in '59. We didn't have another radio but did get a telly. I got a transistor for my 12th birthday, a little blue one, but I hated, still hate, pop music and I wasn't old enough for the Home Service. I didn't know about the Light Service comedies because mum didn't listen to them.
I had an entertainment-deprived childhood. I had to make my own, in the woods and fields, teasing my sister, out with my mates, etc. And reading. I read constantly, anything I could get my hands on at the local library down the road. But radio? No. TV, yes. The Lone Ranger, Batman, etc. Star Trek, oh yes, Star Trek.
Perhaps I should set up a crowd-funding thing to get me a popular culture implant.

I spoke to the person about the Scrabble game toda[…]

Syncing two ipods

I wouldn't recommend shared iTunes account, becaus[…]

General 'Tech' News

There might be some interesting laptops coming soo[…]

Call of Duty genre

Sniping when running? Unbelievable, really is