Talk about the big screen and little screen in here.
By loughor
It was 1891 ;)

I'm waiting for The Defenders to appear on Netflix. I guess they refresh at 08:00.
By loughor
Yes, 08:00. On ep 4 now. We spotted Stan on a poster.
By Wooster
Brucie deed?
How is that possible?

I thought he was a Vampire. :D
By loughor
What happened at the end of the latest GoT (ep6) was foreseen by my lad and I last week and then kind of obvious at the start of this'un. And other bits I can't reference :D No spoilers from me.
By Wooster
The next one is the last?

I forgot it was a short season.
By loughor
The next one is an extra long last episode. Then just the last season, which is being filmed now.
By [PCF]Falcs
i see the Strain and the Last ship have started again
By loughor
There's a lot of David Jason stuff on Gold at the moment. It is around a three-part programme about how he got into acting. I watched the first. I'd not heard of the kids show he did with half of the Pythons - Do Not Adjust Your Set.

As part of the Jason stuff, they showed Porterhouse Blue. Back in the day it was OK. Now, it had so many rubbish things that just could not happen, it was annoying, not funny. Like condoms full of mains gas would not float and even if they did then magically sank to the ground, they'd not just stick on the ground in an obvious strong wind (unless they were tied there - which they were).
By Wooster
Riotous Assembly, Indecent Exposure, and The Throwback are excellent novels.
The school stuff I never could relate to much ... too alien to the system I knew.

Mel Smith did Wilt iirc.
By Glamdring
He did. The final Wilt novel written not long before he died was weak. He's reported as saying he stopped writing novels because the world these days just wasn't funny any more.

-

It's happened again. I begin watching a film or TV drama, the opening scenes pass, and suddenly it switches to ' X months earlier'. I hate that. I really do. Intensely irritating. A story begins, it progresses, complications arise that are solved at the end. Humph.
By loughor
That's GoT for a while. Good to get some predictions right but then we know how it works by now.

In other news, Bank Holiday broadcast TV is the usual dire quality. The exception to the rule is the end of series Dark Matter.
By Glamdring
I was a great fan of the old Bake Off. I did not watch the new pastiche (spit). I'm ashamed of Sandy T. Just in it for the money.
By Wooster
Seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. :)
Not my bag, but people are pretty positive about it.
By Glamdring
Tin Star with Tim Roth playing a Canadian sheriff who suffers a traumatic family incident is pretty good so far. Ten episodes are on Sky Atlantic catch up.
By loughor
Popped into Netflix today. I've not looked in for a few weeks. I see The Expanse S2 is up. One for later. I've not seen Peep Show before so I'm having a quick go of S1.

I saw a trailer for The Gifted on Fox for next month. A "Marvel universe" thing - X types I understand. I'll go for that.
Apple OS Updates

Retyping generates more data. :)

Brexit (unavoidable)

So much for Strong and Stable Government, these cu[…]

Android Stuff

Galaxy S8 - the mutt's nuts.

Nice editing software, shame it doesn't have IPTC […]