Talk about the big screen and little screen in here.
By Wooster
Falcs and others have seen a few (starts well, if I recall), but I quite liked the first one myself...I genuinely laughed out loud at least once...which ain't bad. :)
By loughor
Yes, I laugh several times an episode. I usually go 'good joke - next...' in polite silence. Interesting that Brannon Braga is a producer, who also was associated with Star Treks TNG, V and E. Jonathan Frakes also pops up as a director. Trivia - Seth McF played a crewman in a few Enterprise eps.
By [PCF]Falcs
yup the Orville is very good very dry witty humour within very typical star trek stories hugely entertaining
By loughor
The Alexa ad - they seem to be honest about the badly muffled sound quality when music is played.

[Side note and off topic - I'm just getting used to Siri to control the lights. I've stopped saying please and thank you :D ]
By loughor
It is bad enough that TV is filled with fake jolly xmas bollocks but now they are trailing the year review crap. TV is at it's nadir during December and early January. I hate this time of year for "entertainment".
By loughor
Dr. Who. Poor script of Moffat sentimental twaddle. New Doctor - not for me. You guys enjoy.
By Glamdring
I enjoyed it for the most part. It tied together several plotlines. I liked the sets; they'd spent some money on this. The ending was too drawn out and I for one won't miss Peter Capaldi. Nice to see Clara again for a moment.
By AlexC
At least, for the most part, they didn't drown the actors with the background music. Still, it that might have helped those learning to lip-read. And Capaldi did tend to mumble his lines. As for Clara, you could always watch her play a romanticised Victoria.
By loughor
I see Travelers is back on Netflix. It is taking me a while to pick up where the other season left off. Good to see Ms. Tapping is still keeping busy.
By loughor
One of Glam's favourite sitcoms is back on BBC1 tonight... in 15 mins.
By AlexC
Dad's Army is on?
By Wooster
The Enoch & Methuselah Show?
By AlexC
Given the many happy hours he spent embroidering it on the back of his trousers I'm thinking it may be 'Open All Hours'... :shock:
By Glamdring
I love Still Open All Hours. Classic family sitcom.
By [PCF]Falcs
Dr Who was ok finally watched it i think the new dr might be better than capaldi
QNAP NAS

Another firmware update this morning. Two in a fo[…]

Yes. I hoped you meant that. Split. Now see if I […]

Linux Chat

Microshit is rumoured to be buying Ubuntu https://[…]

Cars on TV

Wheeler Dealers refurb Opel Manta (US ed) looked s[…]