Talk about the big screen and little screen in here.
By Glamdring
Mr.Right was quite entertaining after an iffy start. Tim Roth plays the bad guy.
By loughor
I just watched Imitation Game. Hmm. Seemed a bit dramatised rather than factual. Not a mention of Tommy Flowers who came up with Colossus, the electronic computer that did the real work and was the forefather of what we are using now - not that Bombe of Turing. Turing asked for GPO help and got it in the form of TF.

Bah. Bah I say.
By Wooster
He went to the wrong University, so he got screwed by the establishment.
In saying that, Turing got properly fucked over as well.
By loughor
I suppose it was just a "gays are not all bad" promotional feature and "didn't they get treated badly" piece rather than a "we won WW2 with pooters" documentary. Still, Tommy was a real modest and overlooked star.
By Glamdring
The thing with Avatar is that the Company would be back in 20 or 30 years with huge weapons and do the job properly. American capitalism are its best.

I tried watching Tom Hanks in the latest Dan Brown's puzzle-fest, Dante. Pointless. Confusing. I gave it half an hour.
By Wooster
I'm looking forward to Dunkirk, as much as I did for the Dads Army remake...apparently it's more sanitised shite.

...no gritty realism to be seen here, just another fucking mockery of the actual events.
By Glamdring
I couldn't finish Dad's Army. Rubbish.
-
Currently watching Soylent Green, 1973. It's set around now. The writers hadn't imagined any new tech apart from turning flesh into not-flesh. He even had to use a street phone.
Great film though. Rampant global warming that thankfully hasn't come to pass so far.
By [PCF]Falcs
Watched Life on Saturday its not bad not the Alien beater that the critics said but not bad none the less.
By Glamdring
Falcs, you like zombies. Try The Girl With All the Gifts with Glen Close. A horror, but the zombies don't drag one leg. Lots of blood though. You know I'm not a zombie fan but this one was different.
By Wooster
Ghost in the Shell is visually well done, but there's not much substance to it.
I think it's been made far too late to be remotely fresh.

Max Headroom even makes an appearance, that's how dated it feels.
By loughor
Completely boring TV tonight so I looked at Netflix.

I started with iBoy. Like a Marvel idea that was not developed. White text to avoid spoiler. >Boy gets tech in head. Can control stuff. Sorts out the bad guys. Gets the girl.< Not well produced.

Moved onto Stasis. Like a B movie with a lame time travel theme even lamer than Twelve Monkeys.

Most stuff on Netflix is junk. I don't find many gems amongst their film offerings.
By loughor
I know you like it but it didn't look like "my thing". I won't know unless I try it, of course. I've seen the first three eps of American Gods and am in no hurry to continue.
By Wooster
American Gods was awfy (and graphically) homoerotic in the first few episodes, but not after, thankfully.

Tried to watch The Boss Baby, but it was boring as hell and I fell asleep.
By loughor
I watched Lego Batman today. Very good.

I spoke to the person about the Scrabble game toda[…]

Syncing two ipods

I wouldn't recommend shared iTunes account, becaus[…]

General 'Tech' News

There might be some interesting laptops coming soo[…]

Call of Duty genre

Sniping when running? Unbelievable, really is