Talk about the big screen and little screen in here.
By loughor
I just found Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods on Prime. What's not to like? CGI and Asterix.
By Glamdring
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is quite good. Maybe for later teens but still imaginative, well filmed and with good locations.
By Wooster
loughor wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:11 pm
I just found Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods on Prime. What's not to like? CGI and Asterix.

The accents are quite annoying and there isn't even an option to watch it in French with subtitles.
By loughor
I found it fine. The voices were akin to the cartoons, I thought. You can see the lips are sync'd to Frog. Maybe it's Jack Whitehall that riles you. Posh twunt ;)
By Wooster
I recognised Jim Broadbent, but you could be right about Jack Whitehall (even though I didn't recognise his voice).

They could have hired some people who'd make a stab at the accent. (Jean Reno isn't doing much and Jean Claude Van Damme might have jumped at the part of Obelisk.. :D)
Whoever did the voice casting needs their arses kicked.
By richietog
Spiderman:Homecoming.........good, but it's about time to rest these franchises for a while, there are too many of them per year
By Wooster
They need to pump them out like turds so that the new actors can slot into the Marvel Universe.

-edit- If they aren't quick they'll need to do relaunches for Iron Man (RDJ) and a few of the other main characters. ;)
By richietog
Wooster wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:14 am
They need to pump them out like turds so that the new actors can slot into the Marvel Universe.

-edit- If they aren't quick they'll need to do relaunches for Iron Man (RDJ) and a few of the other main characters. ;)
That's the problem, thought Tobey Maguire's Spidey was a lot better though
By Glamdring
Watched Dr Strange last night. Very good fx but the plot was pretty flat.
By Wooster
Went to see Dunkirk.
It's a kids movie.

I think Pat Mills is right about there never being any realistic war movies during centenary years
By [PCF]Falcs
half way through ghost in the shell enjoying it had to stop as my son wanted to watch the Big Bang theory
By richietog
War For The Planet of the Apes..........I think this is the last in its franchise, not telling you why, completely ruin the movie
Why couldn't they have just named it, Planet of the Apes: War?
Last edited by richietog on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Wooster
Stick a toothpick in the escapement, that's what makes them tick (and tock). ;)
Virgin

As I clicked "submit" I thought ' oh han[…]

YouTube has darkmode across all browsers now......[…]

Recipes / What are you cooking?

We all knew vegan was a middle class fad. Some are[…]

General 'Tech' News

I've been with TT's broadband since '96 when it wa[…]