Talk about the big screen and little screen in here.
By Wooster
NeoDude wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:30 pm
I loved Rogue One but tbh the plot was a bit weak. So the head engineer guy designs in a flaw to make it easy to destroy right? Easy to destroy for who? He could've made it a bit easier tbh. In the end, even after a computer had failed to hit that damn exhaust port, it took somebody with knowledge of the force to actually take advantage of the so called weakness. I call BS.
It's not like they could rewrite the original story from a movie that was a complete gamble and had a tiny budget.

As the saying goes "You can only pee with the cock you've got." ;)
By NeoDude
Wooster wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:18 pm
NeoDude wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:30 pm
I loved Rogue One but tbh the plot was a bit weak. So the head engineer guy designs in a flaw to make it easy to destroy right? Easy to destroy for who? He could've made it a bit easier tbh. In the end, even after a computer had failed to hit that damn exhaust port, it took somebody with knowledge of the force to actually take advantage of the so called weakness. I call BS.
It's not like they could rewrite the original story from a movie that was a complete gamble and had a tiny budget.

As the saying goes "You can only pee with the cock you've got." ;)
I get that. Doesn't make the plot any less weak though. They should not have bothered with the whole premise of a weakness being designed in, as it doesn't fit with the original Ep IV plot.
By Wooster
He may have taken his cues from elsewhere. A lot of Axis hardware was sabotaged by the forced labour during WWII.

Anyhoo, it's all piss anyway. :D
If they couldn't fly directly at the exhaust port and fire into it, they could have followed the channel and flown directly away from it, firing backwards for a clear shot, or rolled bombs into it etc.
And if it's an exhaust port, how comes the shots got sucked into it? :mrgreen:
By Wooster
Talking of weak plots, I saw about 4 minutes of Suicide Squad earlier.

After a tip off, Batman silently drops in behind Deadeye Dick to arrest him and says "I don't want to do this in front of your daughter!"
... so why is he doing it in front of his daughter then?
By loughor
I just got through Ghost in the Shell. 3/10 - same standard as that crap film Lucy. It's one of those films I wish I could have not seen and then wondered why it was described as Robocop with boobs. There weren't really any boobs so I was cheated twice. I see why she was racially inappropriate for the lead role. Enough. It was poor.
By [PCF]Falcs
Hitmans bodyguard is ok for a no thinking film
By Wooster
The Mummy is as gash as the reviews says it is.
It's all very convenient, very boring, and stitched together worse than a Glaswegians face.

(Not a fan of US sci-fi comics, as you probably know, but Marvel still do it better.)
By loughor
I'm trying to summon the willpower to watch Wonder Woman. I've not been a fan of DC films. Well the early Superman were fine but the slew of slow, boring, short on story and padded Batman films just leave me cold.
By Glamdring
Watched Fantastic Beasts. Very good though I'll need to watch it again. It was a busy film and I got distracted. Redmayne was excellent in it, more than a touch of Dr Who.
By richietog
Looks I will be saving £25 on cinema ticket and stuffing myself full of their shitty food down my throat, this month
By Wooster
Wonder Woman
... started off pretty good and Chris Pine had some good lines ...

I think I know what's wrong with the DC universe, they literally float around too much, 'Lording' it over us.
On a subliminal level, I think it gets right on my everyone's tits.
By Glamdring
Watched Passengers. Liked it a lot. Apparently the pro critics didn't, which is probably why I liked it.
By Wooster
I was watching Kingsman last night (excellent movie) and it occurred to me that the 'Bog Snorkels' wouldn't work on a normal system.
For it to work the sewer system would need to be sealed, but that would mean the toilet wouldn't flush (or the stinky gas would come burbling out of the U bend).

I spoke to the person about the Scrabble game toda[…]

Syncing two ipods

I wouldn't recommend shared iTunes account, becaus[…]

General 'Tech' News

There might be some interesting laptops coming soo[…]

Call of Duty genre

Sniping when running? Unbelievable, really is