PC master race
By Splinter
Back on Metal Gear Solid-The Phantom Pain. It's probably the best stealth game I've ever played and will probably still be playing for months to come, there's so much to do and in so many different ways.
I see MGS Survive is due for release soon, minus the MGS creator Hideo what's-his-name and it's already being panned by people who obviously haven't even played it yet.
By Glamdring
Splinter wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:05 am
Back on Metal Gear Solid-The Phantom Pain. It's probably the best stealth game I've ever played and will probably still be playing for months to come, there's so much to do and in so many different ways.
I see MGS Survive is due for release soon, minus the MGS creator Hideo what's-his-name and it's already being panned by people who obviously haven't even played it yet.
That's so often the case. I'm still with Tanks, Warships now and then. Since 2012, I think.
By [PCF]Falcs
Tanks for me to but also BF1 still and Fortnite save the world but not the battle royale bit
Have been looking at sea of thieves to as it looks intriguing!
By richietog
Asphalt 8: Airborne
Quite a good game actually
By Wooster
Been playing around with the new Unreal Tournament (free) and Fortnite (which is also free for PvP...mostly).

UT is a blast from the past, Fortnite needs some tweaks.
They key to surviving into the last few seems to be your ability to build walls and platforms quickly, but it feels like they should make the stuff susceptible to the effects of gravity, so we can bring those towers down. :D
By [PCF]Falcs
Played the Sea of Thieves Beta last night with elvis and a lad from my tanks clan what a fun game!!! we stopped playing at 4am as i had to be up at nine just such a shame its so expensive! take a tenner off the price and i owuld definately pre order it
By Wooster
That does look good mate. 8-)

I see what you mean about the price though....and it won't work on Windows 7. :?
By [PCF]Falcs
No i think it has cross platform support hence only windows 10, I think elvis has pre-ordered it now but i cant for another two weeks till i get paid have found it for 43 quid which is the cheapest so far.
By Dirty Harry
World of tanks, Cod WW2 and occasionally BF1, still enjoying them all.
By Splinter
Far Cry 5, stunning graphics and really fun to play. Much better than the two previous games and more like FC3 but more enjoyable.
The religious stuff was blown all out of proportion.
9/10
By Wooster
So far I've found you only need three weapons to pretty much beat the game.
M249 for general purpose (add big magazine)
SA50 for sniping (add big magazine and silencer)
M79 grenade launcher

The weapon unlock progression is a bit useless tbh, you can bypass the vanilla stuff by buying the prestige weapons for a bit more cash.
('Prestige' just means painted, the stats are the same as the base models)

Most animals are bullet sponges, so the only thing that takes them down (I've found) before they run away is the SA50.
Also, the companions have an annoying habit of killing themselves when they get out of helicopters.
QNAP NAS

Another firmware update this morning. Two in a fo[…]

Yes. I hoped you meant that. Split. Now see if I […]

Linux Chat

Microshit is rumoured to be buying Ubuntu https://[…]

Cars on TV

Wheeler Dealers refurb Opel Manta (US ed) looked s[…]