Tech help for the PC
I see that MS will not allow Intel Atom powered hardware to get any more Win10 updates. This is officially because they are not powerful enough to give the best experience. I doubt anyone here has an Atom but there it is. I guess lowly AMDs that will be treated the same. Some "lifetime support", huh?
loughor wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:11 pm
I see that MS will not allow Intel Atom powered hardware to get any more Win10 updates. This is officially because they are not powerful enough to give the best experience. I doubt anyone here has an Atom but there it is. I guess lowly AMDs that will be treated the same. Some "lifetime support", huh?
They are beginning to act like Apple with iOS updates
You can't put a demanding OS onto lightweight hardware. MS and Apple are reasonable that way. It is the old "buy cheap, buy twice" issue. It was the lifetime support that was the point. MS enticed people to get 10 with misleading promises.
I have recently noticed that Microsoft have put System Firmware into the Device Manager. Thought it was just the new laptop that it was in, but no, it's also the desktop as well
World of WarShips

British battleships are available from today.

what are you playing?

Back to the good ole PS4 console and FIFA17. Not g[…]

Laptopsdirect.co.uk

Not too sure what to make of them, personally neve[…]

Virgin

As I clicked "submit" I thought ' oh han[…]