Tech help for the PC
By loughor
I thought QNAP had stopped updating firmware for my NAS (see earlier post) yet I had one this morning. Maybe it was a security thing rather than a feature enhancement. I didn't read the release notice.
By Glamdring
I found it hard to believe they'd abandon a piece of hardware like that so simply. Businesses rely on them and can't just go upgrading willy nilly. It costs money for tech help and copying TBs of data could take a couple of days.
By Glamdring
There seems to have been an inordinate number of QFinder updates lately. Wonder why.
By loughor
No idea. I never used QFinder except when setting the NAS up the first time. When I did have Windows, I mapped a drive. mac OS works differently but still no need for QFinder.
By loughor
Despite thinking there were no more firmware updates for my TS-412 (see above) and then getting another, I just got one more. I'm surprised but hey, it can't be bad.
By Glamdring
Yet another firmware update. Two in a month. That's at least 20 minutes of my life wasted waiting for it to reboot, update and reboot again. They should pay me.
By richietog
NAS question: Since I don't want to start up a new thread for one question is so simple. I have put my NAS to RAID 1 as the frigging thing keeps crashing on normal setup i.e. no RAID setup. Only one LED flickers, the rest are all green. Shouldn't both LED flicker, or is it because only one is being used for Data protection?
By loughor
I don't know what make/model of NAS you have or how many disks are installed. What does it say in the manual? It could be that the one light flickers as there is one mirror. Read the manual. Check the manufacturer's forum in case someone already asked.
By richietog
There's no manual or help from the synology forum.....
By loughor
I found a Synology manual with a simple DDG search. I don't know your model but if I can find stuff in a few seconds, so could you. Not that it would answer the light question. That depends on the quality of manufacturer documentation.
By richietog
OK, I have to assume it was probably just mirroring all the data on the drive to the other drive, because after two or less hours, neither LED apart from the power seem to be on
By Glamdring
Another firmware update. QTS 4.3.3. Not sure what it does but they seem very pleased with it.
By Glamdring
Another firmware update this morning. Two in a fortnight. Wonder why.
Linux Chat

Microshit is rumoured to be buying Ubuntu https://[…]

Cars on TV

Wheeler Dealers refurb Opel Manta (US ed) looked s[…]

It's still a constant source of annoyance for me t[…]

E3

yes I forgot about Forza 4 i wouldn't mind that if[…]