Tech help for the PC
By loughor
There are many "how to" pages out there. I don't know what words you searched with. I put replace hard drive buffalo linkstation into Duckduckgo and got instant success. Maybe you uses Google and didn't get past their pimped adverts ;) The only part I'm vague on is cloning but then I didn't read the details. I did disassemble mine to clear out accumulated dust.
By Glamdring
Are we in trouble with this latest email from QNAP? I'm running RAID 5.
By loughor
I have not had an email from QNAP at this time so know not of what you speak - er - type.
By Glamdring
It's a technical advisory about data corruption on a number of machines with certain firmware upgrades, those running RAID 5 & 6.
By loughor
I'll wait for it to come through. Mine is in RAID5.
By Glamdring
Ah. now I'm looking on my PC rather than mobile I can see mine isn't listed either. Good.
By loughor
New firmware this morning. Just doing the first reboot before the main event.
By loughor
I saw this in the "what's new" list:

QTS 4.3.3 is the final available firmware update for the following models:
TS-112P, TS-212P, TS-212-E, HS-210, TS-112, TS-212, TS-121, TS-221, TS-421 TS-120, TS-220, TS-420, TS-420U, TS-421U TS-412, TS-412U, TS-419U, TS-419U+, TS-419U II, TS-119P II, TS-219P II, TS-419P II, TS-119P+, TS-219P+, TS-419P+, TS-119P, TS-219P, TS-419P, TS-119, TS-219, TS-419

Which I guess means that's it for mine (highlighted). I'll have to look at a replacement. I'm sure I could sell this one (without disks, as they come).
By Glamdring
For mine too, the 421U. It was expensive to start with; I hope it lasts a while longer. I'm only just starting to get my money's worth from it.
By loughor
The OS looks more finished than it did when I first got mine. I bet the disks fail before the NAS itself.

I still get the odd admin login attempt from (supposedly) Russia, China, the 'stans, Brazil and the USA (and others) but probably not the actual IP being logged. I just ban them regardless as I'm not likely to want anyone from there getting in. It wouldn't be accessible at all were it not running my site. I gave up the domain loughor.com which I redirected to the QNAP DDNS - not worth the cost - but someone jumped in and is now camping on it, wanting many pounds. As if.
By Glamdring
I do check every week. No more logins. Loughor.com was worth money. You could have offered it to the local council or such.
By loughor
The councils have their domains through the .gov.uk system. It wasn't worth anything to me - and I did think about it - so good luck to anyone else. My site is now just a menu of my preferred sites for quick navigation. I can also pop files on for people to save via a URL.
World of WarShips

British battleships are available from today.

what are you playing?

Back to the good ole PS4 console and FIFA17. Not g[…]

Laptopsdirect.co.uk

Not too sure what to make of them, personally neve[…]

Virgin

As I clicked "submit" I thought ' oh han[…]