Tech help for the PC
By richietog
Does anyone know where I can get this specific cable from?

Doesn't matter whether it is isolated (I can easily put tin foil over it) or not
By richietog
The one on ebay looks far too long, thing is with pooters is that the distance for data has to be exactly the same length with things on everything on the computer if you know what I mean

I think Jimbob would explain this properly, where ever he has gone too

I will try out the RS after my enquiry to another site has been exhausted
By Wooster
Measure the length and add it to the search terms.

I doubt it'll need to be an exact length since these cables are normally used to connect peripherals and devices, so close enough would do. If it's way too long the biggest problem would likely be getting it to fit. :)
By richietog
True
By richietog
It's actually 0.5mm pitch, unbelievable, but I will see if RS does it
By richietog
They told me that the part comes from ASUS themselves, and will take 2-4 weeks delivering the cable

EDIT: Now the 2-4 weeks wait begins
By richietog
At least I should be able to see in a few days time whether that is the cable or not, and if it fixes the problem. It should fix the problem, I hope, just that I wished that ASUS had been a bit more wary of the problems regarding that cable if they designed things like that
By richietog
That went badly, first when I put the cable in, the lappy didn't start up, when I took the cable out, the zil connector broke on both the IO board and main logic board, gahhh!!! Not good, off to expensive repairs I guess
By richietog
Nah, I don't think it is, it is compatible. It maybe because I didn't put it in straight, or maybe it's because the ribbon cable is new and the zil connector was showing signs of wear after the constant in and out of the previous cable. Hopefully it isn't too expensive and that I can find a dummy hard drive to put in
By richietog
Oh shit, they said the IO board is fooked up, no surprise there, hahaha
Apple OS Updates

Retyping generates more data. :)

Android Stuff

Galaxy S8 - the mutt's nuts.

Nice editing software, shame it doesn't have IPTC […]

Cost

Oh I didn't factor in the Samsung cost Perhaps Sam[…]