Tech help for Mac and iOS
By Wooster
Don't lie, we all know the cost is always high, but you're not paying for shite.

... that said:
How many iPhone X's would they need to shift to cover the cost of their EU tax dodging bill?
Is it 15 million?
By richietog
They got fined €13 billion, since iPhone X cost £1000 and the € is roughly the same price as the £, I say 13 million
By Wooster
$202 from every phone goes to Samsung though. :? So that takes us over 15 million again.
(It's rumoured that Samsung may make more profit from the iPhone X that from their own flagship phone)
By richietog
Oh I didn't factor in the Samsung cost
Perhaps Samsung better start selling iPhones :D
By Wooster
They still seem to be pushing at the old Blackberry market in targeting business users.

Was talking to someone recently who works for a major Engineering business earlier.
Manager and Directors bought into the (productivity/management) blurb and bought 1500 iPads for their employees (welders, fitters, scaffolders etc.), but most of them are still lying in a store room. (there are big pockets on overalls, but they're not for flimsy shit.) :)

A company owner I spoke to today said that he'd had to buy 20 iPads for his engineers to use because one of his larger clients had 'developed' some work process app that only worked on Apple devices, but the app is so shit (not Apple's fault, granted) that it was almost unusable and there was a penalty clause for not submitting the documents the Ap is meant to produce within a permitted time...so the shitter the App is, the more he pays in penalties.
...rewarded for deliberate failure? :shock:

Apple have their place, the old Blackberry market is ideal for mobile devices, but I think they could be pushing it too far. :|
By ScarletWavez
It's funny how Apple sell the iPhone X for $1000 and then sell it here for £1000 too. I think that means they're basically conning us...
By Wooster
It is a con.
Equivalent $ value means it should cost about £725 here.
Still, saps will pay for it. :)
By ScarletWavez
Wooster wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am
It is a con.
Equivalent $ value means it should cost about £725 here.
Still, saps will pay for it. :)
Yeah. Apple fanboys are too stubborn and loyal to see that the products they buy have serious pricing issues. :P

Apple fanboys are about as bad as the people that take 'PC Master Race' seriously. :P
By Wooster
Shhhhh!

....Loughor might be lurking. :D
By ScarletWavez
I don't actually mind Apple products too much, it's mainly the company's shady tactics to make people buy new products and their ridiculous pricing that I hate, I have a 2015 MacBook Air and the OS itself is nice to be honest. I just feel people should be getting more for their money and their products lasting longer with the price tags Apple products give...

http://www.wheels24.co.za/News/Guides_and_Lists/na[…]

Cars in General

It's those rocket landing that get me every time. […]

Cost

I don't actually mind Apple products too much, it'[…]

Renewed interest in K-Meleon from roytam1 on GitHu[…]