Tech help for hand-held devices
By loughor
Well I was watching and it didn't fail as such. The message was the same as when every now and again you have to put the passcode in to re-activate fingerprint recognition. He was showing off face recognition, not passcodes. Which, yes, wasn't what they wanted, a hiccup, but an obvious thing for detractors to pick on and overplay. I'm not defending, just saying what I saw.
By Glamdring
loughor wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:40 am
Well I was watching and it didn't fail as such. The message was the same as when every now and again you have to put the passcode in to re-activate fingerprint recognition. He was showing off face recognition, not passcodes. Which, yes, wasn't what they wanted, a hiccup, but an obvious thing for detractors to pick on and overplay. I'm not defending, just saying what I saw.
You were right in both respects, according to reports today. Always good for a giggle when the big boys see caught off guard.
By richietog
Like someone said on Youtube, the iPhoneX (256Gb) is the price of a multitude of Apple products, and the price for the 64Gb isn't that much of a difference to the 256Gb. Such silly pricing to their products
By richietog
They are paying for it now

Also, with the facial recognition on the iPhone X, pointless if you have to "squeeze it" to disable the facial recognition. Criminals could be in control of the device itself and just point it to your face and therefore unlock it, stupid idea even if you have to squeeze it to use the facial recognition
By richietog
iOS 11 is out at a measly 2.04Gb in size (a bit more for those later phones)

Strange, even my iPad 2 retina got the iOS11 update
Laptopsdirect.co.uk

Not too sure what to make of them, personally neve[…]

Virgin

As I clicked "submit" I thought ' oh han[…]

YouTube has darkmode across all browsers now......[…]

Recipes / What are you cooking?

We all knew vegan was a middle class fad. Some are[…]