Tech help for hand-held devices
By loughor
richietog wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:52 pm
That's fair about the iOS, but I don't go to Apple's OS thread, because I don't intend to own a Mac Book or Mac computer.
A MacBook Is a Mac computer ;) as is an iMac or Mac Pro or MacBook Pro. I'm teasing a bit there but I filter for new posts so I don't miss anything, even if it is about Windows. We are still waiting to hear what you say a ZIL is, if it is not a ZIF, but maybe you missed that question. That's the problem with nested forums. You can't find new stuff at a glance.
By Wooster
I just look for the darker folder icon next to the board name, that way it's easy to tell where the new posts are.

...those at the end of a page are a different matter, it's easy to miss the last unread post or two on the page before.
By loughor
It isn't the clearest theme but there are ways. I like to see everything, just in case something needs attention. Even Tanks (yawn - wink wink). Same as Glam - check it all. I do realise RT uses a smartypantsamaphone. I don't but I'm sure there's a way.
By richietog
loughor wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:23 pm
richietog wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:52 pm
That's fair about the iOS, but I don't go to Apple's OS thread, because I don't intend to own a Mac Book or Mac computer.
A MacBook Is a Mac computer ;) as is an iMac or Mac Pro or MacBook Pro. I'm teasing a bit there but I filter for new posts so I don't miss anything, even if it is about Windows. We are still waiting to hear what you say a ZIL is, if it is not a ZIF, but maybe you missed that question. That's the problem with nested forums. You can't find new stuff at a glance.
I thought it was a zif, but errors like that do occur apparently :lol:
By Glamdring
Current estimates put the cost of the new iPhone 8 (or possibly iPhone Pro) at $1000. It's not clear if that's for the top memory version or stock. No fingerprint scanner but facial recognition instead.
By loughor
Ah I saw £1200 because of features. We'll see. Rumours come and go weekly. I was hoping to change this year so maybe a 7S Plus for this poor pensioner. However, I'm not targeting anything until I see specs, designs and prices of anything. It will be iOS if I change.
By loughor
I didn't say I'd spend that much. I don't think. Aspire for sure. I have a buyer for my 6 who is keen to take a.s.a.p. so there's a discount to the full price of the replacement.
By Wooster
If they charge that for it, I reckon it'll bomb.
I reckon we hit 'peak smartphone' last year and now people are starting to think twice about paying a fortune for features they don't use.

My next phone will be in the £250 zone.
By Glamdring
My S7 Edge on Nougat has a power saving feature. I keep it on Medium most of the time. Mostly I don't notice a drop in performance, until I turn it off and then it flies. I imagine the speed it is in power saving is like having a middle of the road mobile, but then even they seem to be pretty quick these days.
By Wooster
I can flatten my battery a couple of times a day.

SatNav chews up a fair bit, but so does the need to use the WiFi Hotspot to download files on the laptop.
By richietog
The amount I am chewing up watching videos on Youtube and playing chess, I flatten mine in mostly 8 hours during work hours....ooops, it shows you my work pattern, hahahaha
Apple OS Updates

Retyping generates more data. :)

Brexit (unavoidable)

So much for Strong and Stable Government, these cu[…]

Android Stuff

Galaxy S8 - the mutt's nuts.

Nice editing software, shame it doesn't have IPTC […]