Everything else. (If you're not sure where to post, post it in here)
By loughor
Hey, CC, your Plex Server needs an update (according to the browser version). I can connect to Cosmos from the app on iOS or Apple TV. This is therefore for information only. Here's the message:

Update your Plex Media Server
The server "Cosmos" is out of date and cannot be selected. This version of the web app requires Plex Media Server 1.3.0 or higher. Use one of the links below to open an available, out of date server directly.

P.S. arse.
By Glamdring
Even if my QNAP was currently running it wouldn't run Plex. I tried. It told me I needed more RAM.
By loughor
Only the Intel based QNAPs with a modicum of RAM can run Plex. The ARMs don't have the power. They can run it but no transcoding and buffering. I'm streaming something from a pal's server right now. His is running on Mint but I don't know the hardware spec. My Mac mini is an excellent server for it (so far). My lad runs it on a modest Gigabyte i5 powered NUC type PC with Win8. That works well too. Unfortunately it is a corporate WIn8 so he couldn't up to 10.
By loughor
I just checked and it still has the same message. OK on the App or Apple TV but not in my browser.
By loughor
Glam - did you ever get Plex up and running?
By Glamdring
Not yet. Being not very well put back my plans to rebuild my HTPC. It will be done though.
By loughor
This morning I spotted that my Plex server was offering stuff but when you clicked through, they were unavailable. It seems that the server had lost track of the locations of the files. I deleted them all and rebuilt them. Now it seems to be OK.

The server is running on a Mac mini (Sierra Server) and the media is on a QNAP NAS. The link to the libraries was listed as
/Volumes/Multimedia/..../....
The media is in subdirectories of Multimedia, so that looked fine. I recreated them and now they are in
/Volumes/Multimedia-1/..../....
so no idea what caused that as there is no actual Multimedia-1. I'll put it down to the mystic workings of the operating systems but as long as it all works, end of.
By Wooster
It might have taken your actions as adding a new directory instead of recovering an existing one, so appended the share name to prevent a conflict. :/
By loughor
Chuffin'eck I just rebooted the server (after an OS update) and media is again "unavailable", after all that time redoing the libraries and checking it was good. It must be something to do with mounting volumes, is my first thoughts, so I'll start there and eliminate.
By loughor
Yes. I have got it down to mounting the volume automatically at boot. I just need to find a "how to" guide that works. The first one got close. Or I'll ask my pals at the Mac forum :) Something will turn up. Early days. No hurry. I have until the next boot to sort it.
Interesting Facts

I don't fancy them. Some swear by them. By all acc[…]

A Google search shows loads based in the USA. :/

Don't ask, don't argue, just watch it. https://you[…]

Apple OS Updates

Retyping generates more data. :)