Political discussion. Keep it friendly!
By loughor
Frasier will get me to 10:30. Then I'll clean the bathroom to fill time. I'm sure I can then fill time until football. I don't really want to watch the final but at least I can feign interest. There's always grass that needs cutting, or spread the stinking cat-poop as it usually turns out.
By loughor
I see Tesco Direct is shutting down in July. I didn't use it a lot but just now and again they had a good deal.
By richietog
The Kilauea volcano eruption seems to be getting worse, fissure 22 is getting too close to the geothermal plant on the Big Island
By richietog
I don't get why people have to threaten Karius
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44275380
Yeah, Liverpool, of who I am a fan of, lost the final due to his ineptitude in goal times two, but no reason for it, really. People should grow up
By loughor
I see Visa and other card (and non-card bank transfers, if I read it right) payment systems are down due to infrastructure failure. Mine all seem to have gone through yesterday and today. I'm not planning to use it until Tuesday. Cash machines are still OK.
By richietog
New laws allow learner drivers to go on the motorway. Personally, I would have left it to be the same where you have to pass your test, but added once passed, a secondary motorway learning/test would have to be issued for newcomers to the high speed roads.
Because there are drivers who I don't think are the most competent at driving, and will be horrified at certain things other drivers do, especially, truck drivers. I know there some roads, even stranger, in London itself (not including the motorway) where the national speed limit applies
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/lear ... -from-2018
By Wooster
NSL of 70mph applies on all dual carriageways(+) unless stated otherwise.
Most people think that the white circle with the diagonal black bar always means 60mph (the limit for single carriageways, unless stated otherwise).

-edit- That's another pet peeve for many drivers. ;)
By Wooster
“Teen Culture” is the New Imperialism, and it is Destroying the World.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06- ... ying-world

I'm getting old and that caught my attention (caps in some words is never a good sign though).
So it started off OK and then you start to think 'there can't be anyone I know under 70 years of age that hasn't gone through "Teen Culture"'.

Sure enough, they're Alt-Right leaning. :D
By Wooster
loughor wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:46 pm
I see Visa and other card (and non-card bank transfers, if I read it right) payment systems are down due to infrastructure failure. Mine all seem to have gone through yesterday and today. I'm not planning to use it until Tuesday. Cash machines are still OK.

They're saying it was a switch fault that caused it.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/ ... ken-switch
That article is a bit cack handed tbh.
When the primary circuit went down it should have fallen back to the secondary circuit at the backup datacentre, so the failure probably wasn't it not turning on (it would never have been switched off), but a routing issue from the primary datacentre.
By loughor
I saw that Trump arrived on a 747 Jumbo Jet. They have been retired from passenger service and now just handle cargo as the high capacity keeps them economical at this time.

Obviously he still needs one for his enormous ego.
By Wooster
Didn't he bring two jets, or possibly three?
Airforce One (2 of) plus his own one with Trump painted on the side.

...not counting the others they need for security and the motorcade.

I was listening to the news on Radio 4 this morning and they dutifully plugged his book on the back of a quote from Steve Bannon(?) who said he gave May some advice from it.
That's all he does...plug brand Trump.
By richietog
They guy is actually enjoying getting booed by the protesters

It'll be Wooster's wifi password...

RGB lighting in computers

If there is a market for that I guess but personal[…]

Router Talk

I get the download MBs and upload MBs that I pay f[…]

Bugs & Feature Requests

It wasn't bad spam, just a link to something PC an[…]