Tech help for the PC
By richietog
Does anyone buy used computer parts like graphics cards?

I am thinking over a graphics card that is currently in my budget range of £400, the thing is, it's been used

Not really bothered about "cosmetics", just want the grunt of that card (GTX1080ti)
By richietog
Nah, it's way above the budget
By Anderz
Yes I do but I limit to older graphic cards for testing purposes.

Last it was the old mighty GTX8800 in SLI so a pair of them. it was going nice on my 2008 system but one day that pc refuse to start up and even using a newer video card did not solve it. I have finally retired it as nothing would get it to boot.

Buying a GTX1080TI used? Does it still come with warrenty?
By richietog
This is also what I am worried about, whether it comes with warranty, probably just warranted under the seller's warranty, not the manufacturer's RMA system, after all, they will be the one selling it
By richietog
Are EVGA any good at computer parts? I have never bought anything other than MSI, ASUS or ATi (now AMD)
By Wooster
They had a name for fitting good coolers, but could be a bit on the big side.
i.e. I wouldn't have been able to fit an EVGA R9 390 in my case (their triple fan offering was too long).
By richietog
Wooster wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 am
They had a name for fitting good coolers, but could be a bit on the big side.
i.e. I wouldn't have been able to fit an EVGA R9 390 in my case (their triple fan offering was too long).
Isn't that what would happen if you fit most triple fan gfx in a case?

The one I'm looking at now, only has two
By Wooster
All of the EVGA's for that card were triple fan at the time, so went for an MSI. :?
(My previous GTX970 was the same. I think I ordered the EVGA one and had to cancel because of the length, so went with the ASUS Direct CUII instead)

I hate Chrome 69, both for pc and iOS. And presuma[…]

Cars in General

I have one (no GPS, fits around the rearview on th[…]

what are you playing?

Software wise i can get most things so if you ge[…]

PS3 eject button

I do have a 4, but want to sell the 3.