Tech help for the PC
By Splinter
Apart from Amazon, where do people buy their components online? Also Amazon don't work with PayPal.
I'm currently looking at Newegg UK and Scan, but some items from Newegg seem to have a delaay as they need to come from the US.
Novatech are good but expensive.
Any other places?
By richietog
Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm
I use Ebuyer myself, Overclockers have some long term affinity with this site.
(Ebuyer are closer to me, so the delivery times were shorter.) :)
And probably lack the usual incompetent Yodel drivers
By Wooster
I think they use DHL.

Local Amazon drop off (shop across the road) was serviced under Pass My Parcel (don't know who's bought out who, or why it's changed...even Shahid (the skinny shopkeeper is confused), but it's going to be DHL doing the Amazon stuff from next month...I think.

HMRC have been tightening up what constitutes an employee recently.
In a nutshell, it doesn't matter if you register as self employed.
If you are under Supervision, Direction or Control of the client you work for, they're deeming it as being a de facto employee of the client...making them liable for tax, NI contributions etc.
By [PCF]Falcs
scan.co.uk
i bought my whole pc from there as did a lot i know who i play games with on teamspeak plus they swapped my gfx card over after a year when i took it in and showed it was faulty no questions asked
By richietog
[PCF]Falcs wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:39 am
scan.co.uk
i bought my whole pc from there as did a lot i know who i play games with on teamspeak plus they swapped my gfx card over after a year when i took it in and showed it was faulty no questions asked
Oh I forgot about them, even though I bought my gaming keyboard from them
By Anderz
Depends on what you need? I am not going to make it big advertising here but I have 1500 + products and 1-2 working days delivery to your door and take paypal.

My shop is growing and not too estalished as yet but are on the way into Google search and long term statying
By Wooster
Best of luck, but when you add the 20% VAT and Shipping from Denmark, we're getting pricey.
And if it's a no deal brexit, you might have to add another 20% on top for the WTO tariffs (and bump the delivery time up to the 'within 28 days' we used to have) :)
By Wooster
It's normally the rate applicable in the customers country.

-edit- You used to be able to get some component bargains with the old carousel trading fraud (they didn't pay VAT and split the difference in savings), but the warranties were void if the vendor discovered you'd bought an item not intended for your market (easily established by the serial numbers).
By Wooster
Prices within the EU are pretty homogenous (the extra cost is in the shipping), buying from outside could be a shock if customs picked them up though.
That 'bargain' from Hong Kong could have been picked up cheaper (and far sooner) from the local Argos for example. :P
Brexit (unavoidable)

For Alex: http://chronicle.gi/2018/07/rethink-on-d[…]

My 2008 budget pc

I think there used to be a thread for that on the […]

Figuring they answer to a higher power, so the com[…]

CCleaner

Already posted a different link yesterday :p