Everything else. (If you're not sure where to post, post it in here)
By richietog
I miss it already, but the weekend looks good
By richietog
Am I the only person who hates fish eye lenses/photography?
By Glamdring
12/7/18. 16.03. It's the coolest it's been in weeks just now during the afternoons. 22.8°C.
Time for a jumper?
By richietog
Glamdring wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 am
No. It seems to me that once you've seen one image all the rest look the same.
I just don't see the point of fisheye photography, it doesn't reflect the real life. How do they know that fish's vision is that what they say it is, it doesn't look real to me
By Wooster
It uses a fisheye lens, which is a lens shaped exactly like the ones in fishes eyes.
Whether a fishes brain interprets the image in the same we see it however, we may never know.

They do have a practical value.
Do you have a peep hole on your door? (That uses a fisheye lens)
By Glamdring
The workmen are here to replace the gas pipe from the road 90 feet down my drive, round the house to the meter under the sink. They cleared that out. Found stuff I didn't know I had.
No gas for 12 hours. They'll need to start up the combi boiler again. It's in the loft and I don't go up there these days.
By Glamdring
At the top of the drive the gas pipe is an inch. By the time the reached the back of my house it had be reduced to 3/4" so they couldn't just pass the the pipe through. Replace, meaning a ditch to the outside of the kitchen wall where the meter is. They say they'll make good.

Yes, I know it needs weeding. One day.
By Wooster
Splinter wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:35 pm
It's a work of fiction.
Somebody mentioned this film today and I thought it rang a bell. :D
By Glamdring
Gas back on, went to Sainsbury's. I wanted some fresh peapods. None. But I could buy a small (cupful) of podded and washed peas. I got some. They were okay. I suppose if you buy ready grated cheese and pre-cut carrot batons... We're all just getting lazier.
By Wooster
http://www.pickyourownfarms.org.uk/yorkshire_pyo.php

btw...it's actually raining here, thank fuck for that! (It's not much though)
Crofters are already talking about selling off 30% of their livestock because they haven't been able to cut enough feed to see them through the coming winter.

(The very same beneficiaries that should have been helped out through an EU subsidy that Westminster decided to keep and distribute to every farm in the UK.....it wasn't much, they were just being cunts about it.)
By richietog
At least there is an ongoing thunderstorm in London, but not piddling down with rain at the moment, actually no rain....strange
By Glamdring
30 on the shade on my back garden, 26 in the living room six feet from a 16 inch stand fan.
By richietog
Good to know that I have solved my iPhone's charging problem without the need of dissembling, sending it to repair and without shorting the connections within the lightning port. For some reasons unbeknown to me, it got all dirty inside

I hate Chrome 69, both for pc and iOS. And presuma[…]

Cars in General

I have one (no GPS, fits around the rearview on th[…]

what are you playing?

Software wise i can get most things so if you ge[…]

PS3 eject button

I do have a 4, but want to sell the 3.