Talk about the big screen and little screen in here.
By Glamdring
I agree the start wasn't that good but it just kept getting better. Just this moment finished it. As a spoof it worked. Looking forward to #3 if it's on.
By Wooster
Maybe I didn't give it long enough. :)
By Wooster
Tried it from later and still don't rate it. :|

I did watch My Cousin Vinny for the first time in years, and it's still a very funny movie. :)
Herman Munster as the Judge, Joe Pesci talking funny, Marisa Tomei looking hot....what's not to like? :D
By Wooster
Idris Elba as the next James Bond 'Hinty McHinthint' this week again?
I think he'd be pretty refreshing in the role and easily able to carry it off. 8-)
By Glamdring
Like the guy who took over Edward Woodward's role in the American version of The Equalizer? Which was utter trash. You know that because they're doing a sequel.
I watched a half hour of Elba in that TV crime drama he did, and turned it off. His character was everything I hate in lead characters. I've caught glimpses of him in other things. A one trick pony, but each to their own I suppose.
By richietog
Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:57 am
Idris Elba as the next James Bond 'Hinty McHinthint' this week again?
I think he'd be pretty refreshing in the role and easily able to carry it off. 8-)
I think they should get him before he reaches 50, otherwise he will be as old when Roger Moore took the role up
By Wooster
Glamdring wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:09 am
Like the guy who took over Edward Woodward's role in the American version of The Equalizer? Which was utter trash. You know that because they're doing a sequel.
I watched a half hour of Elba in that TV crime drama he did, and turned it off. His character was everything I hate in lead characters. I've caught glimpses of him in other things. A one trick pony, but each to their own I suppose.
He's quite prominent in most of the Thor movies.
They might go for a woman... :shock:
By Glamdring
That was him? Okay, he was different.

Watched the Last Jedi again tonight. Enjoyed it more this time round than the last.
By Wooster
TLJ is pretty good.
Got to wonder why they didn't flip some of the smaller ships and have them hit hyperdive sooner if it makes such an excellent weapon though. ;)
(And I take it Auto Pilot wasn't a thing 'A long long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away.') :)

I also thought Idris Elba did pretty good in Pacific Rim (of all the 'big robot' type movies, it's probably been the best.)
By Wooster
By a roundabout route (LOTR: The Two Towers is on ITV and I was trying to get my head around why everyone came to be where they in it), I came across this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CpS_YLmcT0 (10 pointless additions to the original Star Wars trilogy)

When watching it I thought I might care, but I figure that caring about it is as pointless as the changes. :)
(Hey! I bought the digitally remastered DVD trilogy box set about 20 years ago and I have fuck all to play them on now...so who's the mug for new content?) :lol:
Brexit (unavoidable)

For Alex: http://chronicle.gi/2018/07/rethink-on-d[…]

My 2008 budget pc

I think there used to be a thread for that on the […]

Figuring they answer to a higher power, so the com[…]

CCleaner

Already posted a different link yesterday :p