PC-Forums

What are you Playing?

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #75 on: May 20, 2020, 02:14:37 AM
There are huge problems when Warzone has a massive updates, its very slow at times.

But considering its a free game, I'm not going to complain, and its does slow down any other internet activities while updating............strange

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #76 on: May 20, 2020, 03:08:50 PM
I'm flitting between Metro Exodus, the Grid racing series and a plethora of free games and bargains I picked up at Epic, not to mention some nostalgia with Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Medal of Honour.
But recently I've been a little too weary in the evenings and satisfy myself with a few episodes of The Walking Dead.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #77 on: May 20, 2020, 05:27:53 PM
COD (Warzone) does have slow updates as Blizzard have openly said they throttle the downloads the best way to update is change the region i generally use the Asia server as have found it better, as to slowing down other programs i havent noticed i was playing borderlands 3 last night with a friend with no issues whilst it was downloading in the background

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #78 on: May 20, 2020, 09:11:39 PM
Keasy pointed out today that Epic are giving you a £10 voucher when you buy a game, but if you download GTA V (free) you still get the tenner, so it's basically a free tenner. :cool:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #79 on: May 20, 2020, 10:57:36 PM
shame already got gtav

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #80 on: May 21, 2020, 08:47:15 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure if you get it with other free games, but if you don't have it via the Epic Launcher, you could always download it again from there and get the tenner.

I had it modded with Redux and World of Variety before I'd even fired it up and thought I'd broke it, but the Redux Mod takes about 40 minutes to apply.

BTW signing into the Rockstar Launcher was a fucking nightmare.
It doesn't tell you the username is already in use until you do about a dozen 'I Am Not A Robot' Captcha's, so I must have done about 150 of the fuckers before it took (username is a now random keyboard mash), then it wouldn't find the game until I went through the sign in shit another twice and linked the Rockstar Launcher account to the Epic Launcher account.  :mad:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:54:04 AM by Wooster »

Splinter

Reply #81 on: May 21, 2020, 10:18:39 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure if you get it with other free games, but if you don't have it via the Epic Launcher, you could always download it again from there and get the tenner.

I had it modded with Redux and World of Variety before I'd even fired it up and thought I'd broke it, but the Redux Mod takes about 40 minutes to apply.

BTW signing into the Rockstar Launcher was a fucking nightmare.
It doesn't tell you the username is already in use until you do about a dozen 'I Am Not A Robot' Captcha's, so I must have done about 150 of the fuckers before it took (username is a now random keyboard mash), then it wouldn't find the game until I went through the sign in shit another twice and linked the Rockstar Launcher account to the Epic Launcher account.  :mad:
I had the same experience with that awful launcher. Anyway, I already had GTAV on Steam, but I claimed it just to get the $10 voucher for any game over $14.99.
What I'm not sure about is whether the Epic version (via Rockstar launcher) carries over your previous GTA career or you start again.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #82 on: May 21, 2020, 12:12:54 PM
yup i did the same i have GAT on Rockstar but got the coupon am thinking of control is it any good?

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #83 on: May 21, 2020, 05:57:53 PM
I use a PS4 controller with DS4, so seems OK.
Having the Keyboard and Mouse comes in handy when shooting though.

Splinter

Reply #84 on: May 25, 2020, 11:29:49 AM
yup i did the same i have GAT on Rockstar but got the coupon am thinking of control is it any good?
Control is very good, if not very unusual in its psycho-kinesis storyline. If you like the HL2 grav-gun, you'll like it. Looks great too.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #85 on: May 26, 2020, 10:21:19 AM
I had the no sound  issue on GTA V, which was bloody annoying and involved a bit of googling to no avail.
(Check volume mixer settings, revalidate game files, run DirectX installer again etc.)

What happens is it starts with sound on loading, but just before it hit the first menu screen it goes mute.
The solution that worked for me (and I haven't seen elsewhere) is to go into Settings>Audio>Voice Chat and it comes back on without having to do anything else.  :cool:

bentoga

Reply #86 on: June 02, 2020, 11:56:44 AM
Antiyoy is a fun simple strategy game I'm into all the time. Any one here tried it?

keasy

Reply #87 on: June 02, 2020, 03:22:41 PM
Android/mobile game?

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #88 on: June 03, 2020, 09:59:27 AM
Antiyoy is a fun simple strategy game I'm into all the time. Any one here tried it?

It's a genre I've never really gotten into.  :undecided:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #89 on: June 05, 2020, 09:05:43 AM
Downloaded Star citizen last night after getting a referral from a friend and got 5000 in game credits will give it a go tonight and let you know what its like

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #90 on: June 05, 2020, 09:28:46 AM
Pretty sure Keasy has been supporting that since the development days.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #91 on: June 05, 2020, 10:31:28 PM
think its a hard learning curve took me half an hour to find me ship then couldnt get out of the hangar!!!