PC-Forums

What are you Playing?

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #100 on: June 21, 2020, 01:06:56 PM
@Keasy AOE is Age Of Empires?
Yesterday I played The Division all day, which is the first time I've done that with any game for years. I got completely absorbed, especially since my rank began to rise from level 17, finally getting to 21 at the end, when my eyes were beginning to get tired.
There's is a lot of grinding to level up, but it's worth it, so I've basically been shooting and looting and then going back to the really tough bosses when my weapons have been able to dish out more damage, otherwise, you don't stand a chance.
Having said that, in some boss fights you can use the environment to keep tricking the uber-soldier, by just taking hide-and-seek shots until his damage meter keeps going down. Very satisfying, when you can beat the AI and it thinks you're somewhere else. Naturally, I forgot to record my best bits :(
In between missions, I explore everywhere and have managed to pick up some very useful kit, including some exotic weapons and gear which is worth a fortune in credits or parts.
I have to say that it's one of the best shooters I've ever played and I certainly put the new Corsair M65 Elite mouse through its paces, being far superior to my other mouse. I still don't really see the benefit of the sniper button though, so I'll have to some more fiddling with the software (iCUE).
The thing is, now that I've reached level 21, I'll be hooked on grinding towards level 30, which is the maximum and I haven't even been to The Dark Zone yet.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #101 on: June 21, 2020, 02:51:27 PM
Ahh but the game only just starts when you reach level 30 Splinter! then the world tiers come into play from 1 to 5!!!
Wont say anymore but i agree i have but a few hundred hours into the game so far also need to finish of the dlc!

Splinter

Reply #102 on: June 21, 2020, 04:16:07 PM
I'm on 62 hours so far and it seems like an age of grinding. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun, especially the headshots, looting and levelling up.
What level are you on? And why do you say it only really starts at level 30? And I haven't a clue what world tiers are, as I only play single player, never PVP.
Spoil away, I welcome the info!
 :evil:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #103 on: June 21, 2020, 08:57:36 PM
cant remember now been a while since i was on but i do need to get back into it
Not going to say about the World Tiers as its kinda part of the story so will let you find out :)
When i log back into it i will try add you in game but will need you nickname i think to add you

Splinter

Reply #104 on: June 21, 2020, 09:50:22 PM
cant remember now been a while since i was on but i do need to get back into it
Not going to say about the World Tiers as its kinda part of the story so will let you find out :)
When i log back into it i will try add you in game but will need you nickname i think to add you

My Ubi nickname is rufinoman.
Just levelled up to 22

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #105 on: June 21, 2020, 10:23:18 PM
already got you as a friend :) just realised
highest level is 40 and dark zone 18 but dont play dark zone much
downloading the update now but off to bed now

Splinter

Reply #106 on: June 22, 2020, 02:54:58 PM
I was in the middle of the Police Academy mission, so I couldn't pause due to the nature of the game, otherwise, I'd have had to start again :(
Anyway, it was an easy mission and am now on the way to level 23. Bloody addictive this game.
Catch you at another session, mate!

Edit
Does anyone know what the highlighted symbol represents? Tried looking everywhere to find out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:26:29 PM by Splinter »

keasy

Reply #107 on: June 26, 2020, 05:09:15 PM
Started playing Deliver Us The Moon.
I was just bored and installed it out of curiosity, next thing I know two hours have passed and I'm hooked.

I always wanted be an astronaut when I was a kid and it feels like living out that fantasy.
Proper zero and low G, navigating a space station having to twirl around and navigate in the three dimensions.

It's small too by today's standards at 7GB.

Splinter

Reply #108 on: June 26, 2020, 05:45:38 PM
You'd also enjoy Adrift. It's absolutely beautiful.

keasy

Reply #109 on: June 26, 2020, 09:04:24 PM
I had seen that before and it does look impressive but, reviews kinda slate as being a very short game and at that it supposedly  expands a few hours experience in to a couple more.

Have you played it, is that true?