PC-Forums

What are you Playing?

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #100 on: June 21, 2020, 01:06:56 PM
@Keasy AOE is Age Of Empires?
Yesterday I played The Division all day, which is the first time I've done that with any game for years. I got completely absorbed, especially since my rank began to rise from level 17, finally getting to 21 at the end, when my eyes were beginning to get tired.
There's is a lot of grinding to level up, but it's worth it, so I've basically been shooting and looting and then going back to the really tough bosses when my weapons have been able to dish out more damage, otherwise, you don't stand a chance.
Having said that, in some boss fights you can use the environment to keep tricking the uber-soldier, by just taking hide-and-seek shots until his damage meter keeps going down. Very satisfying, when you can beat the AI and it thinks you're somewhere else. Naturally, I forgot to record my best bits :(
In between missions, I explore everywhere and have managed to pick up some very useful kit, including some exotic weapons and gear which is worth a fortune in credits or parts.
I have to say that it's one of the best shooters I've ever played and I certainly put the new Corsair M65 Elite mouse through its paces, being far superior to my other mouse. I still don't really see the benefit of the sniper button though, so I'll have to some more fiddling with the software (iCUE).
The thing is, now that I've reached level 21, I'll be hooked on grinding towards level 30, which is the maximum and I haven't even been to The Dark Zone yet.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #101 on: June 21, 2020, 02:51:27 PM
Ahh but the game only just starts when you reach level 30 Splinter! then the world tiers come into play from 1 to 5!!!
Wont say anymore but i agree i have but a few hundred hours into the game so far also need to finish of the dlc!

Splinter

Reply #102 on: June 21, 2020, 04:16:07 PM
I'm on 62 hours so far and it seems like an age of grinding. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun, especially the headshots, looting and levelling up.
What level are you on? And why do you say it only really starts at level 30? And I haven't a clue what world tiers are, as I only play single player, never PVP.
Spoil away, I welcome the info!
 :evil:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #103 on: June 21, 2020, 08:57:36 PM
cant remember now been a while since i was on but i do need to get back into it
Not going to say about the World Tiers as its kinda part of the story so will let you find out :)
When i log back into it i will try add you in game but will need you nickname i think to add you

Splinter

Reply #104 on: June 21, 2020, 09:50:22 PM
cant remember now been a while since i was on but i do need to get back into it
Not going to say about the World Tiers as its kinda part of the story so will let you find out :)
When i log back into it i will try add you in game but will need you nickname i think to add you

My Ubi nickname is rufinoman.
Just levelled up to 22

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #105 on: June 21, 2020, 10:23:18 PM
already got you as a friend :) just realised
highest level is 40 and dark zone 18 but dont play dark zone much
downloading the update now but off to bed now

Splinter

Reply #106 on: June 22, 2020, 02:54:58 PM
I was in the middle of the Police Academy mission, so I couldn't pause due to the nature of the game, otherwise, I'd have had to start again :(
Anyway, it was an easy mission and am now on the way to level 23. Bloody addictive this game.
Catch you at another session, mate!

Edit
Does anyone know what the highlighted symbol represents? Tried looking everywhere to find out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:26:29 PM by Splinter »

keasy

Reply #107 on: June 26, 2020, 05:09:15 PM
Started playing Deliver Us The Moon.
I was just bored and installed it out of curiosity, next thing I know two hours have passed and I'm hooked.

I always wanted be an astronaut when I was a kid and it feels like living out that fantasy.
Proper zero and low G, navigating a space station having to twirl around and navigate in the three dimensions.

It's small too by today's standards at 7GB.

Splinter

Reply #108 on: June 26, 2020, 05:45:38 PM
You'd also enjoy Adrift. It's absolutely beautiful.

keasy

Reply #109 on: June 26, 2020, 09:04:24 PM
I had seen that before and it does look impressive but, reviews kinda slate as being a very short game and at that it supposedly  expands a few hours experience in to a couple more.

Have you played it, is that true?

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #110 on: August 08, 2020, 02:41:40 PM
Back playing Call of Duty: Warzone after nearly a month due to issues with memory. I had to send the pair of memory sticks to the manufacturer. The game didn't play at all with just 16gb. I think most people are using page swap files with computers.

keasy

Reply #111 on: August 08, 2020, 03:47:26 PM
Runs fine with 16GB here.
Not that I play it.

Even with 32/64 and so on disabling page swaps is a bad idea regardless.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 03:50:46 PM by keasy »

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #112 on: August 09, 2020, 02:14:51 PM
Runs fine with 16GB here.
Not that I play it.

Even with 32/64 and so on disabling page swaps is a bad idea regardless.

Maybe I have too much background applications on my computer, it was using around 5-6Gb before I even launched the game

keasy

Reply #113 on: August 09, 2020, 05:53:03 PM
It's a dynamic process and W10 is good at using RAM then dumping it to a page. There's no game that really needs 32gb. You'd probably still get away with 8gb for gaming, not that it would be snappy.

I'm sure W10 uses more on desktop if you have more ram.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 05:55:36 PM by keasy »

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #114 on: August 09, 2020, 07:06:08 PM
Clearly there is an issue with the dynamic processes of my PC. Unless, I am not doing something right, like a wrong settings, or a setting I haven't done

DirtyHarry

Reply #115 on: August 09, 2020, 09:38:45 PM
Still playing Cod MW season 5. The downloads are so silly big, wish they gave you the  choice to  D/L one or other as i don't play Warzone. Alsp playing World of tanks  & splashed out less than a tenner for  WW3.
When the pin is pulled, Mr.Grenade is not your friend.

keasy

Reply #116 on: August 09, 2020, 10:31:11 PM
Clearly there is an issue with the dynamic processes of my PC. Unless, I am not doing something right, like a wrong settings, or a setting I haven't done

What is it that's not right exactly, can you explain?
Is it isolated to MW or does it occur in other games?

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #117 on: August 09, 2020, 11:30:20 PM
using 16gig and playing on ultra no problems only have an i7 2600k in to plus a 1660gtx

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #118 on: August 10, 2020, 12:09:38 AM

What is it that's not right exactly, can you explain?
Is it isolated to MW or does it occur in other games?

I have run Doom Eternal without a hitch, but I ran MW, it kept crashing to desktop, the last one came up with low memory

keasy

Reply #119 on: August 10, 2020, 07:20:33 AM
It apparently had issues with VRAM on PC where by it calls an object then doesn't release it which will result in what is classically known as a memory leak. You could try lowering your texture settings first then drop a few other settings.

I certainly don't run it on high although I am on a 1070. In saying that I do run it on 2k res with medium settings with no issues.

I think it's a case of sloppy console porting rather as your rig.

keasy

Reply #120 on: August 10, 2020, 07:30:55 AM
Still playing Cod MW season 5. The downloads are so silly big, wish they gave you the  choice to  D/L one or other as i don't play Warzone. Alsp playing World of tanks  & splashed out less than a tenner for  WW3.

Have you played much WW3? Hopefully you have under 2 hours and can still get a refund.

I've been in since day one, such a promising game but, development had halted for ages and then they announce its been taken over by MyGames. MyGames who are notorious for releasing shit free to play games and even worse, F2PP2W free to play pay to win.

It's a real shame as initially it was a real pc gamers project, a new Battlefield game with proper open large scale maps.

There's been no 'updates' for months and the head dev had been called out for working on mobile games instead of WW3 despite all their reassuring.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:33:02 AM by keasy »

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #121 on: August 10, 2020, 08:26:05 AM
It apparently had issues with VRAM on PC where by it calls an object then doesn't release it which will result in what is classically known as a memory leak. You could try lowering your texture settings first then drop a few other settings.

I certainly don't run it on high although I am on a 1070. In saying that I do run it on 2k res with medium settings with no issues.

I think it's a case of sloppy console porting rather as your rig.

It detected there was a change in the system, ran the optimiser, but still crashed

keasy

Reply #122 on: August 10, 2020, 01:00:07 PM
Silly question but... Frisnit ?

No serious silly question...just with you mentioning swap files/page files. you haven't disabled that by any chance have you?

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #123 on: August 10, 2020, 02:50:49 PM
Frisnit?

keasy

Reply #124 on: August 10, 2020, 03:41:44 PM
Frisnit?
Aye, it's a silly question.
 :laugh: