PC-Forums

Mac News

Glamdring

• Administrator
on: October 03, 2018, 03:36:38 PM
While the new iPhone XS looks good I've read an increasing number of issues are arising. Here's another article.
https://gizmodo.com/major-complaints-about-the-iphone-xs-are-stacking-up-1829447724?share=bcc5f728

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 04:52:43 PM
Vanity Gadgets...or 'Vadgets', if you will. :D

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:56:51 PM
Maybe. The screens on the flagship phones are brilliant. The operation is smooth, faultless and the camera is as good as a £150 snapper from Canon.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 07:09:48 PM
My £150 Moto G5 seems to take decent photos.
That pic I took from the top of Ben A'an earlier in the year has had 110,000 views on Google Maps already.

Something that does surprise me is the difference that wearing my reading glasses to use my phone makes.
So....many hundreds of £££'s for a new vadget phone, or put my readers on when using my existing phone for free?

It also galls me that Apple don't recognise currency rates (many other platforms do it as well).
£1000 in their eyes is the same as $1000......so they're treating people like the mugs they probably are if they're willing to overlook that kind of thing.
(£1000 is about $1300)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 07:11:41 PM by Wooster »

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 01:11:38 PM
What we'd already suspected:

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 01:39:00 PM
Aye, it's very poor customer service.

That iFixit site is very good.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 02:03:37 PM
I posted that because it was a CBS investigation, not some website I'd never heard of. I have watched a number of that guy's videos. Some of the workmanship in iPhones out of the factory is poor, some of the repairs they do are downright shoddy. Of course he only gets those that fail but even so, it's not something Apple can be proud of since that's what they do advertise as being proud of.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 10:27:02 AM
For the first time ever Apple didn't sell out of the new iPhone XS or X Max, and it's looking that way for the XR. There are no shortages, which is a novelty. It's not that they're suddenly begin to produce more. They are selling a lot, but... Maybe the polish has lost some of its regime given the number of complaints and faults found with the first two?

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 10:16:01 PM
I doesn't look like it's comes with a grammar checking function either.

In two sentences alone: "It has to be compatible and it can't exceed the Mac mini's 64GB ceiling, but it doesn't have to be from Apple and that is always a rather gigantic savings.

True, you're stuck with the storage that you buy when you order and it's not possible to put a greater capacity or faster drive later."

I gave up after that, due to a flash headache.  :grin: