Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #50 on: March 26, 2020, 08:17:09 PM
Not many, compared to some places.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 10:31:16 PM
Hope you all joined in the applause at 8pm tonight
Was quite moving when i went outside could hear clappping from all over and cheers and fireworks!

richietog

Reply #52 on: March 27, 2020, 11:55:50 AM
The Prime Minister has it

keasy

Reply #53 on: March 27, 2020, 11:27:56 PM
At risk of sounding like a contrary dick...

I'm sick of the whole applaud the NHS shite.
Now is not the time to be applauding The NHS.  Without a doubt the guys in ICU/ACU etc are already feeling it but, the worst is yet to come. when this hits a high in three weeks time, applaud the NHS then.
I've taken to calling it the 'propaganda clap'.

I'm in iso for another five days and have been off duty owed to a family member displaying symptoms ~nine days ago and I'm fucking shitting myself to go back.  My wife is a senior management nurse and she's talking about not coming home when she returns to work so's to help eliminate the risk of cross infection to our kids. She's worried as there is no PPE and she will be in every area of the hospital she works in, basically she's going to get it.
This whole clap shit is detracting from the real issue. There is no adequate supplies of essential, basic protective equipment.

Stop the clap.
Shout at your MP instead.

And shove your slice of pizza up your fucking arse! Unless it's a full face fit 3 mask topped pizza.

richietog

Reply #54 on: March 28, 2020, 01:45:03 AM
Its like an applaud for them to carry on and put themselves in harms way, rather than a show of appreciation

Some gestures are nice, like giving them food, because of their shift patterns, they can't get to the shops early. Its either an early start or get into trouble with their managers

keasy

Reply #55 on: March 28, 2020, 02:08:03 AM
They sure do seem like nice gestures.
We will see in two or three weeks time how much pizza, Chinese, curry, sandwiches etc are being donated to the 'hard working NHS staff', as means of saying thanks from the takeaway industry. When the 'takeaway' outlets have fuck all left to make for the 'hard working NHS staff'.
Right now, no cunt is buying their product and they're cooking up meals with their remaining stock, giving it to NHS workers and then closing shop. How noble, how very fucking business like. It's better than than throwing it in the bin but, the whole aren't we in it together pish is wearing thin.

How's about we all tweet this....

#fuckingpayrisecunts!

Personally, I don't mind the fact that the effective pay structure of NHS staff is an inflation busting 10% cut! Just give me a slice of about to go out of date pizza and I'm pacified.

keasy

Reply #56 on: March 28, 2020, 02:17:47 AM
PS.

I knew rejoining a forum was a bad idea!

Soz for the rantage.

richietog

Reply #57 on: March 28, 2020, 08:24:51 AM
Tbh, the nhs does deserve a pay rise especially when they’re putting theselves at risk for other infectious diseases

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #58 on: April 01, 2020, 01:05:06 PM
Bored.
Even bored of drinking to get over the boredom.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #59 on: April 01, 2020, 03:21:14 PM
Still at work myself although for how much longer i am not sure
We are currently working for the likes of Highways England, United Utilities and other similar organisations and have been asked to continue due to them been a part of the UK's infrastructure which is meant to be kept maintained.

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #60 on: April 01, 2020, 04:35:54 PM
I'm having a day off from painting the house and playing Resident Evil 2 remake which is scary but excellent in equal measure.

richietog

Reply #61 on: April 02, 2020, 08:59:46 PM
Nearly 1 million cases, but that doesn't account for those who have the virus and have no symptoms, and those who have died and not been accounted for as a covid death or illness

OK, now its passed 1 million cases after a refresh
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 09:16:42 PM by richietog »

keasy

Reply #62 on: April 03, 2020, 11:59:06 PM
It's ramping up.

I've now been given my extremely basic 'prone' training.

What the fuck is 'prone' training you may wonder? Proning is when a group of seven health professionals are flipping a patient on respiration from their back to their front.  A patient on a respirator will be prone for around 18hrs. Something to do with blood gas exchange maximising. It's better if you're on your belly/front...prone.

This a 100% Intensive Care Unit procedure.
I'm an elective orthopaedic assistant practitioner. I now need to know this procedure as chances are we have 400% more ICU patients than ever before. So have to step up and do shit I've never even considered before.

At the end of each day our department has 'well being' session for staff. Then it's followed by an update of the situation. The situation at end of play today.....

Four times more than normal for a weekend on-call staff to cover ICU. The whole department applauded the names that were announced. This wasn't an applaud to say oh yeah, good for you and you're a hero shit that the media likes to make the NHS staff out as. This was a genuine....we're applauding you because we know you're possibly going to die in the line of duty, you are stepping in to the front line just like a soldier would step up from the trenches not knowing if he's  the one about to be sniped.  THAT'S how serious this cunt of a virus is. Normal healthy young people are dying of this.

This really is a war.
Please, do not underestimate it.

Soz, rantage again. Work related stress  :tongue:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #63 on: Today at 09:36:34 AM
Not a rant Keasy but the truth!

Unfortunatly with the good weather this weekend i think we are going to see a lot of people out and about not adhering to the lockdown  :mad:

I am still working for now but even so we are keeping our social distancing and making sure people are not becoming complacent with it which is one thing i noticed the back end of this week so we gave everyone another tool box talk reminding them of the seriousness of the situation.

I have a feeling we will only be in work for another 3 weeks then that will be it till who knows when

am sicking of hearing people saying it will be all ok by May! i think this will continue till around August otherwise it will just pop back up again!

Stay safe Keasy as you are in the frontline i am kinda lucky working in the background

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #64 on: Today at 03:21:54 PM
Stay as safe as you possibly can, Keasy.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk