PC-Forums

Music Track problem

Andrew

on: May 29, 2020, 01:40:24 PM
Hi

Hope you are ok in these difficult times.

I have a largish CD collection all genuine no copies from the past 20 years and over the years I have ripped the CDs and put them as MP3's on my Windows  XP/7 computers and now 10 currently and in the past year or so when the tracks are listed on my mobile (Samsung S7) not all the tracks have numbers on them even though 2 or 3 years ago they used to display properly on my old phone and devices.

I have used a free MP3 ripper years ago can't remember the name of it now so long ago, and then Windows Media Player when it had the MP3 option and not just WMA.  As well as buying and downloading tracks from iTunes and Amazon Music.

It's really weird how some albums I put on my computer in early 2000's come up properly with the track numbers and then others don't.  I can't see a pattern with why some have the track numbers and some don't as they used to display ok on my last android mobile Google Nexus 4.

The Amazon and iTunes tracks come up ok but the other's don't.

Do you know why this is happening?

I tried different music apps on my current mobile S7 and it didn't resolve the problem.

When I ripped the CD's originally and still do for new ones I buy I always make sure I have an Internet connection to get track listings.

On the old ripping program I used to use some of the music comes up perfectly with track numbers and then some don't.  It's only the track numbers that are missing on some albums nothing else.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thank you if you can help.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 01:42:47 PM by Andrew »

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 07:55:30 PM
It could be an IDTag issue, but there are some tagging editors out there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_editor

iirc some apps like MediaMokey would tag collections for you as well, but not used one for so long I can't say for certain.

Andrew

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 08:21:51 AM
OK thank you will have a read of the link. :-)

keasy

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 08:00:54 AM
Google for an Id3tag editor that connects to an online database. There should be plenty it there that connect to Discogs and Musicbrainz. Should pull an the correct meta for you.

Andrew

Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 08:05:48 AM
OK, thank you for that. :)