PC-Forums

Chillout music

Hap_Hazzard

Reply #25 on: September 26, 2020, 12:13:27 PM

Hap_Hazzard

Reply #26 on: October 05, 2020, 07:25:22 PM
My old little friend comes back tomorrow from being poorly, it just looks like this, nice and minty. A secondhand mainboard fitted from a Technics 1210 mk5 ( same board ) and she’s all good. Not bad for a 40+ year old deck. Punchy sounding turntables with great bass. I’ve always been torn between this and my Systemdek, so I keep both.  :laugh: For different reasons.

I’m excited.  Let’s disco. :grin:

I even have this waiting to play . :cheesy:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 10:13:19 PM by Hap_Hazzard »

keasy

Reply #27 on: October 05, 2020, 09:33:00 PM
I'd love to sit down and have a right good listen to your setup mate.

If I wasn't so into gaming I reckon I'd be well on my road to a mega system but hey ho, I'll make do.

Though I was thinking of upgrading my Qacoustics to Monitor Audio Bronze 2.

Hap_Hazzard

Reply #28 on: October 05, 2020, 10:31:59 PM

Though I was thinking of upgrading my Qacoustics to Monitor Audio Bronze 2.

That may be a sideways move as q acoustics are quite good, I have heard a few in various set ups and done right they can sound pretty amazing.

Bang for ya buck, speakers can make the biggest sound upgrade, buy them second hand, not much goes wrong with speakers they either work or they don’t. What else do you use with them? I can feel advice coming on and I can easily spend someone else’s money.  :laugh:

keasy

Reply #29 on: October 06, 2020, 05:38:39 AM
It wouldn't be the best bang for buck upgrade, that's fur sure.   :afro:

But, look at them, they're bloody gorgeous.

They're only used on the stereo network receiver and to be honest the Q's sound great. The soundstage still blows my mind. Hooked up to a Yamaha RN-602.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 05:45:47 AM by keasy »

Hap_Hazzard

Reply #30 on: October 06, 2020, 05:22:13 PM
Oh ,that Yamaha is quite a box of tricks, it even has a mm phono stage. I’m guessing you either have q acoustics 1010i or 2010i  if your only looking at the monitor audio bronze. You do need better speakers to get the full benefit of that Yamaha.

Maybe the Kef  LS 50 might be a good match, their is a few on the market place now, is that a good thing or a bad thing, some people say they are too bright others love them and others say they need a lot of serious amp (Money) up their arse to perform at their best.  I prefer a speaker that you can listen to for quite a while that’s the real test, ones you don’t get fatigued with. Old school ones that are detailed enough but don’t make your ears bleed are all good second hand buys

I have a practically new pair of q acoustics in a box somewhere, I think they are 2010’s, I like them but get bored with them after a short while as I think they sound 2 dimensional compared to what others I have. They where my daughters at university, she said the system was too much faff, so ended up getting her a Sonos 1 this year and she loves it, young ones eh, lazy fuckers. Alexa suck my dick.

I’ll have a look around the forums and see if there are any good buys. What would your budget be ? Stand mounts or floor standers?

I Know a guy selling a pair of Apogee Stages at the moment, pretty awesome speakers for £500, but I wouldn’t like to ship them up there. :laugh:

These are both solid speaker to buy secondhand, a pair of these Klipsch rp600 (6 months old , mint ) went for £250 about a 2 months ago.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 06:01:29 PM by Hap_Hazzard »

keasy

Reply #31 on: October 06, 2020, 08:01:26 PM
Yeah I actually bought it becasue of the phono stage with the intent of buying a table without a prebuilt in but, I soon spent the money and got fed up with the mrs complaining it was big and ugly enough (like me) as it was without adding a table to it.

So I've ended up streaming FLACs to it from a dlna server and my PC.

Wouldn't say I have the kind of budget beyond the monitor TBH.

Alexa suck my dick  :cheesy: :laugh:

keasy

Reply #32 on: October 25, 2020, 03:20:03 AM
Back on topic...

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #33 on: October 31, 2020, 11:31:15 PM
I thought this was Royksopp ('taint)
Delta Heavy

keasy

Reply #34 on: November 01, 2020, 12:07:31 AM

keasy

Reply #35 on: November 01, 2020, 12:23:38 AM
I want to drop an E then come down with some good quality Gold/Red seal whilst listening to this.

:cool:

keasy

Reply #36 on: January 05, 2021, 02:30:17 AM

Winner of the 2020 Mercury Music Prize...and deservedly so.

Dire Straits meets Pink Floyd meets contemporary current tastes.