PC-Forums

COVID-19

Wooster · 107 · 4148

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #100 on: June 26, 2020, 12:24:24 PM
Similar views are held here in Argentina where infection rates are increasing alarmingly, at least according to official figures, which are about 2000 per day.
Most feel that the figures simply reflect a desire by the government for more social control and when you see the paramilitary police checkpoints it always seems more like people control than actual prevention.
Only the other day I was forced to move away from the deserted riverbank by two policemen in spite of there being nobody else about ( I was taking some pictures).
I stand more chance of being infected in a supermarket than a stroll by a deserted river. But no, I was told that if I didn't move, I'd be arrested. Case closed.

keasy

Reply #101 on: June 27, 2020, 07:54:29 PM
Today, I am drunk for 4th evening in a row.

I had started to feel guilt re the same but, then I remembered that this is my actual main summer Annual Leave I'm on. Right now I should be in the last port stop of Cannes on our canceled cruise of The Med.

I'd have been absolutely blootered every night anyway, because, you know, premium upgraded all you can throw down your neck drinks package  :cheesy:

I'd be off on the second stage of the holiday tomorrow for a four-night stay in North Majorca.

Siiiiigh    :cry:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:05:36 AM by keasy »

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #102 on: June 28, 2020, 07:36:14 PM
I enjoy a booze-up once a week now and enjoy it even more because I really look forward to it. Also, I can't drink red wine any more as I just went off it all of a sudden so now stick to vino rosado which is much lighter.
Mind you, since I discovered Capt Morgan...
Oh and Argieland is going back to full lockdown from Wednesday as cases have risen to 3000 infections per day. That means more courier business for me.

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #103 on: September 05, 2020, 08:46:01 AM
Seems like Russia's Sputnik V drug is working with no side effect
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54036221

keasy

Reply #104 on: September 05, 2020, 11:28:18 PM
Seems like Russia's Sputnik V drug is working with no side effect
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54036221

The participants - aged between 18 and 60 - were monitored for 42 days and all of them developed antibodies within three weeks. Among the most common side effects were headaches and joint pain.

The trials were open label and not randomised, meaning there was no placebo and the volunteers were aware they were receiving the vaccine.

Hmmmm

Hardly standard scientific practice.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 11:30:14 PM by keasy »

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #105 on: September 06, 2020, 09:44:41 AM
I meant no serious side effects

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #106 on: September 07, 2020, 07:20:04 AM
As Keasy said though, the actual trial is not up to the usual standard demanded.