PC-Forums

The Today Thread

[PCF]Falcs · 1361 · 115320

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #1325 on: November 04, 2020, 12:12:28 AM
Nothing is more nauseating than a bunch of wannabe musicians from London jumping on the Biden bandwagon. I bet this is the reason why a lot of people voted for Trump in the first place is what they see as outside influence
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 12:15:10 AM by richietog »

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #1326 on: November 04, 2020, 10:11:42 AM
It's a bit of a clusterfuck, but neither seem a great choice.

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #1327 on: November 04, 2020, 03:05:44 PM
Correct. I don't understand US politics, why would they choose anyone who could kick the bucket during their term of office. Absolute baffles me completely

keasy

Reply #1328 on: November 05, 2020, 10:16:42 PM
Correct. I don't understand US politics, why would they choose anyone who could kick the bucket during their term of office. Absolute baffles me completely

I  don't understand politics.

UK politics is worse.
We frequently choose a government made up entirely of old school pals from a world of elitism so far removed from the people they're practically from another planet.  Planet Crony.
Then said government has to go and ask permission of an unelected birthright monarch to form a government on their behalf but also on behalf of the people.
That government then sits in a house within parliament that by its very name is derisory and denigratory of the very people it is intended to serve by collectively calling us and the area The Commons.
We then have a pointless house of 'Lords' who are there as a favour to earn extra income in their twilight years in political terms.

UK politics is the worst and they have the gall to refer to themselves as the oldest democracy and mother of all parliaments! HA!  :rolleyes:

Fuck UK politics.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:07:55 AM by keasy »

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #1329 on: November 05, 2020, 11:58:28 PM

I  don't understand politics.

UK politics is worse.
We frequently choose a government made up entirely of old school pals from a world of elitism so far removed from the people they're practically from another planet.  Plant Crony.
Then said government has to go and ask permission of an unelected birthright monarch to form a government on their behalf but also on behalf of the people.
That government then sits in a house within parliament that by its very name is derisory and denigratory of the very people it is intended to serve by collectively calling us and the area The Commons.
We then have a pointless house of 'Lords' who are there as a favour to earn extra income in their twilight years in political terms.

UK politics is the worst and they have the gall to refer to themselves as the oldest democracy and mother of all parliaments! HA!  :rolleyes:

Fuck UK politics.

Asking the queen to form a government is merely just a formality, the queen under the constitution can't get involved in politics, but so not due to her fault.

Boris is a backstabbing b'stard when he peroged Parliament

Yeah it's strange, but not as strange as the US

keasy

Reply #1330 on: November 06, 2020, 12:33:17 AM

Asking the queen to form a government is merely just a formality, the queen under the constitution can't get involved in politics, but so not due to her fault.

There is no constitution. Britain operates under acts of parliament and court with some of the accepted norms deriving from as far back as the Magna Carta being accepted as a convention often referred to as a constitutional monarchy. All the pomp and pageantry of parliament such as the official opening by her maj is in effect conventional constitution meaning it has to happen or subsequent proceedings are not considered official. They are unwritten rules solidified by tradition and convention, not law nor constitution.
The Queen is perfectly entitled to get involved in politics and does so on a daily basis by signing acts by royal accent in her daily despatches. She is under no law nor written constitution to do so and can without legal discourse refuse to sign an act she does not agree with. Again it's all down to convention that the monarch simply doesn't get too involved.
the reason we still even have a combined monarchy and parliament is because of The Community of The Realm, we're supposed to assist the monarchs in their finances and they in return reciprocate the people when in need. It's the reason The Commons/Lower House was conceived.  :cheesy:
It's a fucking joke that we still retain it for the sake of waving a flag and shouting god Save Her Spotless Turdless Bottom.

The US isn't even a little bit odd in comparison. The idea of a republic is centuries old, the only thing strange is The UK not yet having become one.

Can you guess I'm a republican yet?  :grin: :afro:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:40:22 AM by keasy »

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #1331 on: November 06, 2020, 04:56:59 PM
Everyone get ready for the biggest hissy fit the world has ever seen. 🤣

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #1332 on: November 06, 2020, 05:38:48 PM

There is no constitution. Britain operates under acts of parliament and court with some of the accepted norms deriving from as far back as the Magna Carta being accepted as a convention often referred to as a constitutional monarchy. All the pomp and pageantry of parliament such as the official opening by her maj is in effect conventional constitution meaning it has to happen or subsequent proceedings are not considered official. They are unwritten rules solidified by tradition and convention, not law nor constitution.
The Queen is perfectly entitled to get involved in politics and does so on a daily basis by signing acts by royal accent in her daily despatches. She is under no law nor written constitution to do so and can without legal discourse refuse to sign an act she does not agree with. Again it's all down to convention that the monarch simply doesn't get too involved.
the reason we still even have a combined monarchy and parliament is because of The Community of The Realm, we're supposed to assist the monarchs in their finances and they in return reciprocate the people when in need. It's the reason The Commons/Lower House was conceived.  :cheesy:
It's a fucking joke that we still retain it for the sake of waving a flag and shouting god Save Her Spotless Turdless Bottom.

The US isn't even a little bit odd in comparison. The idea of a republic is centuries old, the only thing strange is The UK not yet having become one.

Can you guess I'm a republican yet?  :grin: :afro:

I’ve known you’re a republican for a long time now

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #1333 on: November 10, 2020, 10:36:40 AM
This person at work is driving me mad  :mad:

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #1334 on: November 10, 2020, 01:46:47 PM
When you compare our rather quaint way of declaring election winners (Monster Raving Looney Party, anyone?) which are in fact official results, as opposed to the US method which is merely a projection and called by the news corporations which isn't even official until December, it does make you wonder.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #1335 on: November 10, 2020, 06:53:11 PM
Well had no look in sourcing an xbox series x today  :mad:

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #1336 on: November 12, 2020, 10:17:55 AM
They're all on eBay for stupid prices.

keasy

Reply #1337 on: November 12, 2020, 10:28:20 AM
Arseholes that they are.

I've got one, it was delivered yesterday but it's for my boy's Christmas.

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #1338 on: November 12, 2020, 04:30:00 PM
Truer than we might think...

Hap_Hazzard

Reply #1339 on: November 12, 2020, 06:16:02 PM
^^^^^^^^^
   :laugh: Like it.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #1340 on: November 12, 2020, 06:46:39 PM
Arseholes that they are.

I've got one, it was delivered yesterday but it's for my boy's Christmas.

you lucky bugger thats what i am trying to do get one for my son's christmas although he has said if i cant his birthday will do as he knows they are hard to get so good for him saying that!!! he's only 14 to!!!

keasy

Reply #1341 on: November 13, 2020, 11:37:15 AM
Keep checking, all preordering up to the end of next week i think it is well be delivered by Christmas.
Just got to keep checking mate.

I preordered my boy's the morning the first prerelease  preorders went up.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #1342 on: November 13, 2020, 11:42:08 AM
cant pre order from amazon or argos or smyths toys

keasy

Reply #1343 on: November 13, 2020, 04:29:38 PM
Just need to keeping checking, they are due stock.

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #1344 on: November 17, 2020, 10:08:24 PM
Did some strange experimental photography today

I don't normally do these things. Maybe I should try more of these things

Hap_Hazzard

Reply #1345 on: November 19, 2020, 09:53:23 PM
Absolute bargain up your way, maybe ripe for knocking down in price if you take the lot. If I was there I would be a all over this in a flash.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/377891136860561?ref=category_feed&referral_code=undefined

Upon looking again the bass driver has a crease or tear in it , so I would leave them unless he was throwing them in for nowt, stating that they would not work right and providing everything else worked right , Offering £145 /£150  for the amp , CD player and turntable would be an absolute steal !
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:12:27 PM by Hap_Hazzard »

Hap_Hazzard

Reply #1346 on: November 19, 2020, 10:07:06 PM

Show us the pics then.  :tongue:

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #1347 on: November 19, 2020, 11:13:16 PM

Show us the pics then.  :tongue:

Not for public release, and no, it's not any rude pics, just I prefer not to show

Hap_Hazzard

Reply #1348 on: November 25, 2020, 06:10:55 PM
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:20:04 PM by Hap_Hazzard »

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #1349 on: November 25, 2020, 06:44:58 PM
Any monitor with a response time of 5ms or less should do

PS4 is really designed for a TV though