PC-Forums

Legal Weed: Uruguay and now Canada

Wooster

• Administrator
on: October 17, 2018, 08:12:11 PM
I wonder how this will pan out.

I think it's sensible myself, given I have my suspicions about the high THC strains available these days possibly contributing to higher suicide levels and increased rates of depression among users.
I'm not sure if there's any evidence of that as yet, but the new 'green' hasn't been like the old 'green' for about 20 years. (It's like a herbal cosh if you're not used to it)
ftr: I never really liked Grass, Paki/Afghani Black was the apex as far as I'm concerned, given it was a blended resin of three buddings....those farmers knew how to make a consistently quality product.  :cool:

So....higher potency = higher market value, initially and then it becomes commonplace.
I know for a fact that there's an increasing market for the old school resins and legalising the stuff could at least ensure the quality and strength of the product (keeping it within limits and unadulterated), so where's the harm?

Blood and Thunder political types is the problem...don't do this, don't do that, punish the different and all that shite.
Weird thing is, they're usually the first ones up on the soap box to decry the 'Nanny State'.  :cry:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:17:57 PM by Wooster »

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 11:22:52 PM
True enough. This is what the Health Secretary was saying about the Greens' call to reduce beef consumption. She said she'd be accused of huge moves towards a nanny state, which is why she didn't support it. The Greens were 'disappointed'.