PC-Forums

Brexit 1.02

Wooster · 177 · 6559

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #100 on: March 05, 2019, 09:45:29 PM
I'm  so very tired of all of it. Especially the fact the rich don't suffer.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #101 on: March 05, 2019, 10:23:43 PM
The well connected ones wont..
I'm tired of it as well, but that's what they're banking on....a roll over acceptance.

Fuck that, it's not happening.

https://stv.tv/news/politics/1436008-eu-citizens-brand-registration-insulting-ahead-of-brexit/
Theresa May's xenophobia writ large.

There are other in their 90's being hit with the same shit.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:51:11 PM by Wooster »

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #102 on: March 08, 2019, 09:44:08 PM
Three weeks to go and Liam Fox's "easiest deal in history", in regard to us leaving the EU, is what?
It can't be an empty promise, from a Tory?
(Lets mark it down as some toff talking shit about a decision he's unlikely to suffer the consequences of.)

If parliament have no consensus, it's has to go back to the people who employ them.
If we still vote to leave, then they'll have permission to leave hard.

And, as an aside, Scotland will be independent within the next 20 years (we're sick of the shit).  :undecided:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:45:52 PM by Wooster »

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #103 on: March 10, 2019, 10:35:45 PM
Felix (cat food) know the Brexit score, they've come up with Felix Concoctions...bit of main ingredient mixed with some cheaper shite (Chicken and crab, Turkey and Wildebeest, Fish and something vaguely fishy
etc. :cheesy:

Hey, chicken is 30% more expensive now than it was a few years ago and when it comes down to feeding the family, or the fucking cat, the cat's on flavoured garbage.  :cheesy:

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #104 on: March 11, 2019, 11:53:02 AM
When you look at the ingredients they don't have much of the named flavour of food, chicken as you mention, so they make do with noses of pig and cow and things.
I ended up buying stuff online, Elk and goose and duck as well as the usual, at 96% of the stated meat. Dear though.
-

I see we're on the way to a No Deal. Bastards.

richietog

Reply #105 on: March 12, 2019, 09:59:58 PM
I guess politicians want a disaster happen to this country. Voted against the agreement yet again. They will never be pleased. Its about time to send them to proper jobs for 5 years before they become a politician

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #106 on: March 12, 2019, 10:09:22 PM
Tomorrow they vote on taking no deal off the table, then they'll vote extending Article 50, then they'll debate wtf to do after that.

Problem is there's a 3 way (and largely incompatible) split.

Soft Brexit (put your left leg in)
Hard Brexit (take your left leg out)
No Brexit (do the hokey cokey and you shake it all about)

Meanwhile the country, Britain's international reputation and the economy are going to hell in a handcart.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:14:01 PM by Wooster »

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #107 on: March 13, 2019, 03:52:12 PM
Michael Gove either has a good doctor, or a good coke dealer (very discrete).
He seems like he's on amphetamines.

I note he called the Labour Party, the Hokey Cokey party today (echoing what I said above)

What's that about?  :huh:
Did I hear it somewhere else and repeated it?

btw...as usual (and it happened twice in the space of four hours last night) the BBC cut to some shit before the leader of the 3rd largest party in the UK made his response,
You probably wont care that its the SNP (that's fair enough), but that shit didn't happen when the LibeDems were the 3rd largest party, so deepens the concerns that the BBC are biased.
It would have been an extra couple of minutes of coverage, but no......it's a non event and a two party system as far as the BBC are concerned.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:04:04 PM by Wooster »

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #108 on: March 13, 2019, 06:09:23 PM
p.s. All the UK news (BBC/SKY) seem to talk about is the process, they're not really talking about the consequences.
They're quite happy to sit in their bubble inside a bubble (that tented village they have, yakking on about how how it's not going anywhere) and interview politicians all day long.
The very politicians who are unable to come to any consensus over Brexit.

It's not News , we know that.

Maybe a Hard Brexit is politically expedient for all parties, they just don't want to say that, because we could be fucked, but they could all deny responsibility.
The Tories will say they tried (and failed)
The Labour Party will say...err, they wanted something different? (I'm no sure what they want tbh)
The SNP will say we got dragged out, Indyref 2 now (which I fully endorse   :wink: )

btw...point is Euro News has been a far better feed today....they even had Farage on, who behaves a bit differently in front of European MP's. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 06:11:44 PM by Wooster »

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #109 on: March 13, 2019, 09:53:46 PM
And the rest of the world looks on and chuckles.

richietog

Reply #110 on: March 13, 2019, 10:42:35 PM
So according from today's vote, at least there won't be a no deal brexit.

At least that's the good news, but the margin was small, that is kind of worrying

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #111 on: March 14, 2019, 05:40:16 PM
No new referendum. This is, oddly the most complex and important set of parliamentary decisions made in my lifetime, and I go back to Magna Carta. John was totally pissed, I can tell you!

richietog

Reply #112 on: March 14, 2019, 06:56:59 PM
They have voted to delay Brexit, but will the rest of the EU follow suit?

Tricky issue with Spain

And Trump should keep his opinions to himself

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #113 on: March 14, 2019, 09:49:27 PM
True, though Spain will do what Germany tells them. I'm fairly sure the EU is sick to death of us by now and want a solution fast.
Trump is a nutter, and lots of other things I can't be bothered to type.

richietog

Reply #114 on: March 20, 2019, 07:09:40 PM
More Brexit fatigue

Brexiters are just milking the problems of the country

They want to ruin the country so they can cash in with the misery of a no deal

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #115 on: March 21, 2019, 05:40:53 AM
Mystery Box economics.
Apparently the City has lost £1 trillion in managed assets (and 7000 jobs with it) already.

richietog

Reply #116 on: March 22, 2019, 12:46:59 PM
I can only summise that the real reason behind a no deal brexit is currency speculation

The Pound going up slightly today after an agreed delay to the aforementioned subject

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #117 on: March 22, 2019, 07:33:30 PM
Since Scotland is the senior partner in the UK (James I/VI) I think we should put HM The Queen in charge.  She'd do a much better job (the Scots got the stupid referendum right).

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #118 on: March 22, 2019, 08:49:16 PM
Queen Elizabeth I?
We're a bit more republican than you'd have been told.

Hardly anyone in Scotland cares about the monarchy (minority Orangers and Tories mainly), but we'll give her her place.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #119 on: March 22, 2019, 09:55:32 PM
https://www.itv.com/news/border/2015-09-09/sturgeon-republican-or-royalist/

However, you may have a point. Too much cold weather making too many up there bad tempered.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #120 on: March 22, 2019, 11:30:36 PM
A legacy of Calvinist Presbyterianism (even in an increasingly secular Scotland) has resulted in us being a bit plain spoken.
i.e. If I think you're talking pish, I'll say so, and if you think I'm talking pish...you'd better have a good reason.

If you do, then fair do's.  :smiley:

You can't get simpler than that......(it's common in the north, not just Scotland)

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #121 on: March 23, 2019, 09:57:01 AM
I was Presbyterian until I was six, then Methodist until I was twelve, then I was allowed to see the light and give it all up.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #122 on: March 24, 2019, 10:04:49 AM
I have a half sister who goes to church, but beyond that I don't know anyone who's particularly religious.
The catholic side of the family go through the motions, but it's more out of tradition than faith.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #123 on: March 27, 2019, 06:29:50 PM
What degree of shite is it that a shite Prime Minister with a history of promising much, but delivering not much, has 'promised' to resign, if MP's vote for her shite deal?

Does scatology have a ranking system?
Is 'distinctly whiffy' on it?

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #124 on: March 28, 2019, 09:41:32 AM
Of all the votes last night, the two most popular were another referendum and an EEC type deal.