PC-Forums

Brexit: Endgame?

Wooster · 321 · 28578

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 12:42:02 PM
May has cancelled the commons vote, perhaps in light of the EU court's ruling that the UK can cancel Brexit, without votes from other member states.

Glamdring

• Sublimed
Reply #26 on: December 10, 2018, 05:34:26 PM
We noticed, but it's not going to make any difference. It's still going to be chaos and we're all going to be poorer (except for the rich, who'll have emigrated).

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #27 on: December 10, 2018, 05:51:24 PM
....and the Government fought tooth and nail to prevent you from knowing that.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #28 on: December 11, 2018, 02:03:57 PM
Made me laugh last night when they all started complaining that they didn't get the chance to vote on wether to postpone the vote or not! What a load of Tossers! All they ever want to do is moan and complain about the other parties not one of them actually has an idea or a solution on how to get out of this mess we all got ourselves into!

Corbyn wont call for a general election if hes got any brains as if he gets in it will be him who has to sort it out and as a staunch remain person hows he going to get a good deal for the 50% who voted out and still please the 50% who wanted to remain? Will be the same mess as May.

Could keep going on but cant be arsed as no matter what they will mess it up and we the normal folks will suffer as usual

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #29 on: December 11, 2018, 03:01:32 PM
Where's that cunt Cameron hiding? :mad:

On a lighter note:
Anyone else think that David Lidington looks like a talking bollock?  :azn:
=79

Fambly Guy

Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 06:25:40 PM
There's a Tory conspiracy to get rid of John Bercow coming soon to a political soap opera near you.
They don't like the fact that he "kinda" berated the PM for withdrawing the vote at hour eleven.
 Going to try and paint him as abusing his position, as comprising his "indifference" for his own stance on Europe. Andrea (midden) Ledsom as good as announced it on Beeb Radio 4 this morning.
I couldn't help but omit a small ironic laugh. Conservative in fighting. Isn't that why we're in this whole embarrassing mess in the first place?
David (honey where's the kids) Cameron tried to resolve party in fighting by holding a referendum. And they're still fucking at it!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:29:14 PM by Fambly Guy »

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 07:00:59 PM
His jacket's been on a shoogly peg for a while, with accusations of bullying....or maybe shouting at people.

Shouting at people is in the job description I'd have thought.  :smiley:

Fambly Guy

Reply #32 on: December 11, 2018, 07:09:34 PM
He does strike me as a bit of a cunt mind you.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 08:01:43 PM
Aye, I've thought that myself, but he seems to know his stuff (Nerd?) when it comes to parliamentary law, process and convention.
Especially over the last week.

Nobody likes the ref...it's another part of the job description I suppose.  :azn:
He kinda, sort of, almost let Ian Blackford call Theresa May a liar...inadvertently, last week.
A lot of MP's were thinking it and probably wanting to say it, but he gave Blackford just enough leeway to make the implication without actually saying it.
That bumped him up in my estimation a wee bit.

Kudos on Blackford as well.  :cool:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 08:08:12 PM by Wooster »

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 10:55:05 PM
The BBC says that 'the tectonic plates' within the Tory party are shifting and that enough letters might have hit the Tory secretary to trigger a no confidence vote.

I'm not sure about the BBC's verbiage there.
'The crust on the cowshit' is probably more accurate.

It could be a bit of political manoeuvring though.
If the Tories trigger a no confidence vote from within, but then change tack and stand by her in the vote, she's locked in for another year as their leader.

If Labour then trigger a no confidence vote in Parliament, they have even less chance of winning a General Election due to the fact that Theresa May...as incompetent and politically damaged as she is, is still more popular than Jeremy Corbyn.

Fambly Guy

Reply #35 on: December 12, 2018, 07:57:40 AM

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #36 on: December 12, 2018, 10:44:59 AM
 :cheesy:

She probably looks like him naked as well. :smiley:

Glamdring

• Sublimed
Reply #37 on: December 12, 2018, 10:50:19 AM
I still can't see anyone more electable than her in the Tory party. This comment isn't a mark of support, more a twinge of desperation at the lack of quality politicians in the UK over the last 20 years.

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #38 on: December 12, 2018, 11:44:18 AM
It could be a bit of political manoeuvring though.
If the Tories trigger a no confidence vote from within, but then change tack and stand by her in the vote, she's locked in for another year as their leader.

That's a thought, but surely the no confidence vote has been on the cards for some time?
It's a shame this isn't a video game and we can't load a saved game from 22nd June 2016, replay the action and all come to our senses.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #39 on: December 12, 2018, 03:49:53 PM
I really pity whoever has to take over from her if she is ousted as no matter what happens half the country will not be happy.
The referendum should never have happened in the first place......
However i do see the EU crumbling a bit the past few years i think its getting itself caught in to much red tape etc... and to big by letting every country that wants to be part of it in bit like the Eurovision song contest! Wonder when we see Israel and Australia as part of the EU?

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #40 on: December 12, 2018, 06:00:32 PM

Fambly Guy

Reply #41 on: December 12, 2018, 06:50:40 PM
to big by letting every country that wants to be part of it in bit like the Eurovision song contest! Wonder when we see Israel and Australia as part of the EU?

No country has joined since Croatia 5 years ago and before that it was 6 years, 11 years from now.

Glamdring

• Sublimed
Reply #42 on: December 12, 2018, 09:05:22 PM
200 for, 137 against. Amuch better result for her than has been predicted on all the media all day. She'll sleep tonight.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #43 on: December 12, 2018, 09:19:50 PM
I suspect that the extra letters required to trigger it were submitted by her supporters.
If so, it's a canny bit of politics to put the hard liners in her party's gas at a peep. They're stuck with her now.

But....
If Labour trigger a no confidence vote on the Government itself, could they now rely on 137 votes from the Tories own benches?

Glamdring

• Sublimed
Reply #44 on: December 12, 2018, 09:35:37 PM
Not if it even looked as if Corbyn had a chance of winning.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #45 on: December 12, 2018, 09:44:48 PM
I don't think so either, it's a different bowl of turds.  :smiley:

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #46 on: December 14, 2018, 05:49:30 PM
You might as well face it...
It seems that the Tory Government now intend to stall their way to a hubristic 'no deal' exit to satisfy the long term minority demands of their divided party.

They never gave a fuck about you anyway.

-edit- This is just a placemarker post to remind me where I was.  :grin:  (I'm having a day or three off politics)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 07:49:09 PM by Wooster »

Fambly Guy

Reply #47 on: December 14, 2018, 11:31:09 PM
Nebulous my arse.
He said "that's incredulous!"

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #48 on: December 18, 2018, 08:07:54 PM
The tories won't go back to the electorate because they (and some of the media play along with this) say that it's a 'betrayal of democracy'.

If promising much but delivering nothing, then finding it more acceptable (for their own political agenda) to drag the UK out of any form of negotiated deal with a meat hook (breaking the Good Friday Agreement in the process) and being found in contempt of Parliament in the process, isn't a 'Betrayal of Democracy', then I don't know what one is.

Corbyn is probably lapping this up, it's the One Party System he's always dreamed of, and it doesn't seem to matter that the party isn't his. :rolleyes:

p.s. Theresa May isn't giving one fuck either, she's taken a leaf out of David Cameron's book and effectively resigned already, leaving someone else to clean up the Tory/UKIP shitbomb.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:53:54 PM by Wooster »

Glamdring

• Sublimed
Reply #49 on: December 18, 2018, 09:47:18 PM
I find the whole situation petrifying.