Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 07:48:19 PM
Those rocks are shit.  :cheesy:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 07:59:20 PM
Shame really as i really enjoyed just cause 2 and 3

Fambly Guy

Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 11:45:54 AM
My kid is having lots of fun playing this.
I don't see anything wrong with the graphics either. There may be some lack of finer detail but none of it enough to detract from the submergence and feel of the island.
 Triangular rocks up close are a small price to pay when you consider the draw distances are immense with no loading or drastic texture pop in,  all in a seamless open sandbox world with fun physics that are begging to be tested. It's still a technical achievement.
Not the best launch but some criticisms need to dig a bit deeper and hit that gold seem of objectivity before the temptations of subjective pyrite. Steam reviews are the worst offenders too, famously bandwagonesque and kneejerk on launch days.

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 11:56:16 AM
I may pick it up for $5 in a Steam sale one day, but frankly, releasing games in this shit state is inexcusable.
Why should we accept default keys that you can't rebind? No, I thought not.

Fambly Guy

Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 12:10:00 PM
I may pick it up for $5 in a Steam sale one day, but frankly, releasing games in this shit state is inexcusable.
Why should we accept default keys that you can't rebind? No, I thought not.
Defo worth a five spot. Remapping keys should be standard these days but maybe we're just stuck in our ways and want to reach out for those keys we more often than not do. When Lara Croft was in her 1950's bra era I don't recall being able to rebind any options on the PSOne controller.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 04:24:00 PM
RockPaperShotgun panned it as well.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/12/04/just-cause-4-review-pc/

A fiver might be four quid too much with the review they gave it.  :grin:

Fambly Guy