PC-Forums

What are you Playing?

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 03:46:09 PM
Yeah i played quite a lot of The division when it came out really enjoyed it although it got to a point of a bit of a grind as the enemies were so damned hard but that was in the parts after the main storyline. It was worth getting just for the main storyline to be honest plenty of hours in there so was worth it.

Fambly Guy

Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 01:35:22 AM
Overwatch.

That's about it.
Tried getting into the new Assassin's Creed but it's shit and far too current for a comfortable cynic like me. Bring back the days when there was no choice but to be a man as the main hero and women were scantily clad and knew their rightful place.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #27 on: December 21, 2018, 06:58:53 PM
Far Cry 5 is on sale for 19.99 in the steam sale is this worth it? (wooster??)

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #28 on: December 21, 2018, 07:50:56 PM
Aye.  :cool:
The one wee annoyance I found was that the planes are quite hard to use with KB/M and I needed to use a controller.

The helicopters are fine though and you'll use them more.  :smiley:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 06:36:53 PM
Still havent decided whether to purchase far cry 5 it has a lot of mixed reviews on steam
I did love far cry 1 2 3 and 4 though.....

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #30 on: December 28, 2018, 07:41:18 PM
It's not as good as 3 was, but on a par with 4 I'd say.
Lots of people base their opinions on the storyline alone, but I always tried to avoid that for as long as possible in 3 and 4 so that I can get tooled up and have some fun before jumping back onto the tracks.

5 is the same, the side missions are the best parts of the game...and there's loads of them.  :cool:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #31 on: December 29, 2018, 05:45:12 PM
Bit the bullet and downloading now!

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #32 on: December 29, 2018, 06:25:38 PM
There are a few mods on Nexus for it.
I might give realistic shaders a go.

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #33 on: December 30, 2018, 11:39:30 AM
I've reached level 10 in The Division and the enemies do become less bullet-spongey, now at least. It's great for frantic shooting when you're in the mood and I do like the cover system. I bought it on 85% off when I refunded Just Cause 4, which I may pick up again when it comes down to $5.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #34 on: December 30, 2018, 01:38:19 PM
Damn far cry 5 looks good am running on ultra and get at least 50fps i cant run the hd textures unfortunatly as they take the vram over what i have on my card :( its still one of the best looking games out there
Enjoyed the intro mission bits got you into the story really well.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #35 on: January 05, 2019, 12:04:16 AM
Fired up Subnautica again, for the first time in a fortnight....and it's still soooo fucking grindy  :cry:

If I fire it up again I'm just hitting the fucking console so that I can find out if anything else is worth doing.
The forums always say "go deeper", but it's always just as boring.

So, it's got 24hrs of gameplay in it (i reckon), then it's just more of the same.

Splinter

Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 12:10:30 AM
Tried Fortnite today.
Not sure if it's my cup of tea really.

richietog

Reply #37 on: January 08, 2019, 03:07:01 PM
Passed 1000 matches in FIFA19 FUT

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #38 on: February 15, 2019, 04:44:21 PM
World of tanks still! world of warships not so much since the introduction of the new carrier gamestyle (horrible)!
gears of war 4 as i got it for 3 quid :)
bit of battlefield 5 when i get he time and Harry is online so mainly weekends
Was Far cry 5 but will now be far cry new dawn :)
oh and overkills the walking dead when Chem is online or they release a new chapter

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #39 on: March 11, 2019, 03:24:31 PM
Tanks as usual and BF 5 plus some Vermintide II as i got it and the DLC for cheap and quite enjoying it tbh! 4 player co-op PVE hack and slash FPS so quite fun and very chaotic at times!
Thinking of going back to sea of thieves to as i really enjoyed that but wasnt keen on the PVP aspect of it would much have preferred it to be PVE only
Almost finished new Far Cry new dawn to which has been fun to play

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #40 on: May 25, 2019, 01:11:25 AM
Picked up the Divison 2 with Chem (old forumite) as we both loved the Division and by god its good as a co-op game only got it yesterday and i think we have racked up about 9 hours already and only just scraped the surface of the game!
cd keys has it for 34 quid which may seem expensive but i reckon we will have  at least a 100 hours on it so thats 30p ish an hour!

Splinter

Reply #41 on: June 12, 2019, 01:33:21 PM
Steep, the winter sports game was free on Ubisoft a couple of weeks ago and it's a lot of fun for downhill racing in the snow. Looks great too.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 04:24:26 PM
Was only free for new users wasnt it? i have always fancied that but its soooo expensive

Still heavily absorbed in the Division 2 64 hours so far after two weeks of owning it!!!!
The cpu is struggling but the new gtx 1660 has helped a lot getting 30-55fps on ultra although i do have to wait for textures and map areas to load due to the cpu bottlenecking my system als o have a few crashes to desktop which is a dx12 known issue but am going to try a workaround i have found tonight

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #43 on: June 13, 2019, 10:28:52 AM
the workaround seems to have worked :) 2 hours playing last night and not one crash or stutter!!!!! woohoo

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #44 on: June 13, 2019, 05:22:12 PM
Good. Nice when something goes to plan.