PC-Forums

Far Cry 5

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
on: January 25, 2019, 11:53:11 AM
Think this thread is for me and wooster really!

Have any of you (Wooster) played any of the additional maps and are they worth buying?

I havent finished the main game yet as taking my time doing all the side missions etc.. and really enjoying them i even caught that damn Admiral! he took some doing!

I think i have over 40 hours on the game so far and still not tired of it i love going up in the woods and hills and watching the wildlife hunting each other it can be so tranquil fishing in one of the lakes to!

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 08:50:53 PM
I'm waiting for them to come in cheap, but my brother bought the full pack and wasted it for himself a wee bit.
He said the Mars one was pretty good but he picked up an alien rifle that carried over into the main game when he'd barely started it, so he didn't need to upgrade weapons much.  :smiley:

The longest side mission for me was finding all of the Shrines.
I flew over that map for about 12 fucking hours and ended up having to look at one of the gamer maps online and fly around ticking off every location.

The mad guy making the film is pretty funny.
Jesse from Breaking Bad guy is good and I thought Hurk Drubman Sr. was hilarious...obviously based on Jackie Gleason's 'Sheriff Buford T. Justice' from the Smokey and The Bandit films.  :cheesy:

btw...I did the Willis Huntly mission and didn't even realise he's another character that's been in the game since FC3....my 12 year old nephew had to point that out to me.  (I'm so old) :shocked:  :cheesy:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 11:54:51 AM
Yeah i have one shrine left to get spent a wee while flying around yesterday but couldnt find it so went on to kill joseph seed couldnt do it in a plane so got my helicopter and got him with that :)

The side mission with the guy doing electricity experiments is pretty funny in fact a lot of the side missions are funny the testys one in particular!

I have noticed a lot of the missions poke fun at trump to without actually saying his name  :grin: :grin: :laugh:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 04:42:06 PM
WEll finished Far cry 5 last week and have to say thoroughly enjoyed it! so much so i bought Far Cry a new dawn today from cd keys only 20 quid :) set it away downloading at lunchtime so should be ready for tonight :)

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 01:35:17 PM
I'm struggling to get through the Far Cry 5 story mission, Cull The Herd, set to that song 'Only You'. It repeats itself and you need to finish it several times over, which is a bit irritating.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 04:25:11 PM
vaguely remember it but cant recall having to do it several times? i thought you just had to do it as fast as possible?

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 08:42:52 PM
Aye, I recall it gets progressively harder and was a bit of a pain in the tits.   :grin:

Maybe you just rattled in a good enough time on the first run Falcs.  :cool:

Splinter

Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 03:15:48 PM
I got all the DLCs and now I have use of the Vietnam helicopter which is brilliant for attacking the religious nutters.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 05:14:15 PM
I thought about the dlcs but decided on New Dawn instead as some of the reviews for the dlcs were quite bad!
How are you finding them?

Splinter

Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 05:25:11 PM
I got them in a sale when buying the season pass, so it wasn't such a risk.
Vietnam is pretty good, but Martian Arachnids doesn't really do it for me and the Zombies one is a good laugh, because you can never kill enough zombies.
A bonus is Far Cry 3, which I already finished, but it's still a really good game.
But Cull The Herd in FC5 is really pissing me off since it's so repetitive.