PC-Forums

GE Voting Intentions

Wooster

• Administrator
on: November 28, 2019, 11:43:13 PM
Everyone set in their minds yet?

For me, it'll come as no surprise that I'll be going for the SNP again.

They're not perfect (an impossible task), but easily the most sensible, tested and honest option on the table again for Scotland.

I feel for the guy, but I don't think Corbyn's heart is in this at all, there isn't any fight in him and he seemed to be looking for the exit almost as soon as those Momentum clowns elected him as party leader.
Gardiner or Starmer as leader may have given me pause for thought, easily the the two most capable Labour candidates. (Gardiner is quietly spoken, and as eloquent and passionate as Starmer, but doesn't take any shite...you can see him holding himself back at times and that's where Labour should be, those two together.)
They could be biding their time though...could  be the UK is fucked anyway and the last thing you want is to be at the helm of a sinking ship.

It's a hell of a state of affairs though, when you need to choose the least worst party to run the country, rather than the best, and I think that's the bind that England  have gotten themselves into.

fwiw: Under the more nuanced PR system in Scotland, I generally give the Scottish Greens my 2nd vote (Lib Dems 3rd), just to keep the SNP honest, and that's the system the UK should have adopted when it had the chance since it's inherently fairer and may have stopped this nonsense we've seen in Westminster.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 02:00:38 AM by Wooster »

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 10:14:06 AM
Not even sure i will vote this time as every single party (including your SNP) are full of shit to be honest all telling lies just to get the better other the other parties

Only manifesto i actually thought made a slight bit of sense was the Lib Dems!!! (and this is coming from someone who has always voted Tory!)

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 12:47:20 PM
Aye, there's a definite crisis of trust, but bear in mind the most unscrupulous prefer that to be the case.
That's how Trump won. (Remember 'Drain the Swamp'?)

richietog

Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 05:33:10 PM
Lib Dems, and it will be a democratic vote to cancel Brexit

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 12:06:57 PM
Btw, it shouldn't be forgotten that the real Liars in this election are the Conservatives. It's a party  led by a compulsive liar who's been sacked for lying to his bosses twice, lied his partners, lied to the Queen and lied to the Public time and again, most recently by claiming that the existing 19,000 nurses working for the NHS will be 'New' nurses in his figure of 50,000.
It's as if he's going out of his way to see how big a lie he can get the perennially stupid to swallow.

Oh, and has anyone seen Rees-Mogg recently?
He's actually managed to keep a lower profile than Boris himself, for good reason.