PC-Forums

Random Obs

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #25 on: March 11, 2019, 11:44:14 AM
This is why the Beeb stopped showing Crufts. There was quite a fuss several years ago about the sort of deformities bred into some dog breeds, so they gave up the rights and C4 didn't have the same qualms.

My sister has a standard poodle. Lovely animal, perfectly dog shaped and designed as a retriever. Yet they have, he has, congenital hip problems that cause him trouble sometimes, and will only grow worse as he grows older. Not something you can see outwardly.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 07:21:39 PM
I signed up for a trial IPTV service...you know the ones, every channel everywhere.

Too much shit (and a lot of it is shit) and an EPG that takes half an hour to browse.
(Quality is improving as the bandwidth increases though, only a few years ago it was grainy garbage.)

Still, for about £50 a year it certainly beats some of the more traditional suppliers (who are actually paying for the stuff the IPTV vendors resell), so you can see the attraction.
...overpaying maybe.

I have no interest in the EPL, but I recall some daft cunts paid over £5Bn for the rights in 2015, then charged their customers for the privilege, even if they didn't get the package that showed the games.
So if IPTV sees football players wages approaching normality, then I'd say I'm all for it.  :cheesy:

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #27 on: March 29, 2019, 09:25:30 PM
Not watching it, but on a browse by I saw that Channel 5 have a programme on called, Eamonn and Ruth: How the other half lives.

It isn't though, is it?

The median income in the UK is around £28,000.
I make more than that and they didn't pop round to see how I live.

Clowns will watch that though and never realise it should be called Eamonn and Ruth: How the richest 2% lives.
It's a long way from half.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #28 on: March 30, 2019, 05:41:19 PM
Upvoted!

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #29 on: March 31, 2019, 09:55:40 PM
I just watched Reprisal. Not that good. The good guy and bad guy were so close in appearance I had real trouble in working who was doing what, and was it deliberate in terms of plot.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #30 on: March 31, 2019, 10:23:44 PM
dum dum dum dum
dum dum dum dum
dahhhh ... dum dum dum dum

guns (dum dum dum dum)

more guns (dum dum dum dum)

It's not normal

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #31 on: April 19, 2019, 07:55:04 PM
I wonder what I was on about there ^^^, probably all the programmes (usually US in origin) that feature gun use.

Anyhoozles.
Travel Man: 48 Hours in Athens

They have those wee fish that eat dead skin off your feet, or more, depending on how far in you go.
But...if you go to Mallaig* and stop off at the (rather short) river Morar and lie in the shallows just off the beach, the tiny prawn do the same thing rather more effectively (one fish = one mouth, but one tiny prawn = two precise wee claws) that could probably have a decent stab at skintags, if you have any.  :azn:

I wouldn't fall asleep though, they could probably make some serious inroads on your internal organs in a few hours.  :cheesy:

*any small river outlet up the West Coast would probably do.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #32 on: April 23, 2019, 12:14:19 AM
So,  Arya was very naughty,  but didn't seem all that happy about it.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #33 on: April 23, 2019, 03:55:00 PM
GoT: Spoiler below

I'd read it as her knowing what she needs to do next (lots of killing), even with a raw fanny.  :wink:

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #34 on: May 11, 2019, 12:06:43 AM
That LIDL GoT type advert for bog roll is quite good

Reminds me of the old Irn Bru ads...entertaining.  :grin:

i.e. https://anearthwithoutgrammar.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/bitches.jpg

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #35 on: May 14, 2019, 09:19:00 AM
I see the terrible Jeremy Kyle show has been pulled.
I didn't even know it was still running.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #36 on: May 14, 2019, 10:36:04 AM
Sadly only temporarily at the moment, after a contestant died a few days after filming.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #37 on: May 15, 2019, 07:48:15 PM
Yet again Supergirl gets beaten up. It's all so stupid.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #38 on: May 15, 2019, 07:54:42 PM
Don't watch it.

As previously mentioned, any show that needs to explain the basic plot during the intro, on every episode, isn't worth bothering about.
It's obviously made for people who need to be reminded what the basic plot is, every episode.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #39 on: May 15, 2019, 10:01:12 PM
All Americans?

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #40 on: May 15, 2019, 11:19:01 PM
Aye, like you're all that bright when it comes to voting.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:20:51 PM by Wooster »

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #41 on: May 17, 2019, 11:11:38 PM
I'm not overly impressed with the last season of GoT, it all feels a bit rushed and basic.

I recall when everyone was raving about The Beach by Alex Garland, which was excellent for most of the book, but by the end you got the feeling he just wanted shot of it for publication and just slapped down any old shit (figuratively speaking) to end it.

(I didn't watch Lost beyond a couple of episodes, but I hear that went the same way in the end)

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #42 on: May 18, 2019, 11:28:26 AM
Lost lasted 5 series IIRC. The first two were very good but quickly thereafter it tumbled, I gave in, and I only watched the final episode out of curiosity. They just gave in and none of it made the slightest sense.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #43 on: May 18, 2019, 09:01:17 PM
I hear there's a petition going to get them to do the last season all over again.

Bit daft, it has to finish and it was brilliant.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #44 on: May 22, 2019, 09:55:17 AM
Watched it last night and i think i and you two are in the minority when we say it was a good and fitting ending i really enjoyed it

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #45 on: May 22, 2019, 12:04:23 PM
Aye, it worked for me.....Business As Usual.  :wink: