PC-Forums

What are you watching?

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #75 on: August 31, 2019, 01:09:46 AM
Is that the one where the main airlock on the floor opens into open space and the air inside isn't immediately purged?

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #76 on: August 31, 2019, 01:21:39 AM
cant remember i am on series 4 or 5 i think

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #77 on: August 31, 2019, 03:20:51 AM
..bit of a deal breaker for me that was, if it's the same series.  :embarrassed:

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #78 on: September 05, 2019, 02:12:50 PM
Started Watching Mr Robot last night as had run out of things to watch and i have to say its pretty good! up to episode 4 already!!

Sacked Matt

Reply #79 on: September 10, 2019, 02:24:55 PM
Malcolm in the Middle (IPTV)

do not confuse this with The Middle..which was shit.
Malcolm in the Middle is one of the funniest sitcoms ever made.  :cheesy:

That is all.
My favourite moment, perhaps of any US sitcom, is the middle (well, third) brother being flummoxed when trying to come up with an offensive nickname for the girl terrorising Dewey at school. She was called Regina Tucker.

Walter White was only ever Hal to me too.

Sacked Matt

Reply #80 on: September 10, 2019, 02:39:44 PM
Just started watching the Boys from Amazon Prime only watched 10 mins but looks good so far seems like a piss take on superheroes bit like that film damn forgotten the name of it! Nicolas Cage was in it though!

Did you stick through the series? I thought parts of it were excellent and Garth Ennis was a great writer in 2000AD back in the day. The dark humour in it was right up my street, particularly the dolphin rescue and the baby laboratory.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #81 on: September 10, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
I did watched it all and thoroughly enjoyed it and it certainly left it open for a second series to!

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #82 on: September 10, 2019, 06:47:45 PM
Malcolm in the Middle (IPTV)

do not confuse this with The Middle..which was shit.
Malcolm in the Middle is one of the funniest sitcoms ever made.  :cheesy:

That is all.
My favourite moment, perhaps of any US sitcom, is the middle (well, third) brother being flummoxed when trying to come up with an offensive nickname for the girl terrorising Dewey at school. She was called Regina Tucker.

"Don't worry, well think of something."  :cheesy:

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #83 on: September 10, 2019, 10:27:55 PM
Finally got round to watching Fantastic Beast: Grindlewald.
It was odd, a lot of mumbled dialogue, confusing plot in places but mixed with some superb CGI. It's clearly waiting for Ep3.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #84 on: September 18, 2019, 02:42:24 PM
Ep1 of Carnival Row on Prime was quite good, though it was filmed almost entirely in the dark so nobody could see what was happening and the CGI would cost less.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #85 on: September 18, 2019, 05:48:23 PM
Just started watching the Boys from Amazon Prime only watched 10 mins but looks good so far seems like a piss take on superheroes bit like that film damn forgotten the name of it! Nicolas Cage was in it though!

Gave this a go myself...it's pretty good.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #86 on: September 18, 2019, 08:46:20 PM
Still watching Mr Robot almost finished season 2 its bloody good!

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #87 on: September 23, 2019, 11:38:36 AM
Carnival Row, Prime. Still good, sort of but the background is always filmed in almost pitch dark or by oil lamp, and I've no idea about the characters. Who are they and why are they in the city, and what are the issues? A few hints are given but not enough.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #88 on: September 23, 2019, 05:52:58 PM
Their (fairy?) continent has been invaded for resources and they're the refugees.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #89 on: September 23, 2019, 11:18:09 PM
Ah, thanks.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #90 on: September 26, 2019, 08:49:16 PM
Killjoys, probably finished for good now. Pity. I enjoyed it. Ended S5 ep10.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #91 on: September 26, 2019, 11:12:36 PM
I finally got round to having a go at Fleabag. I enjoyed Ep1. It was smart and funny. Then in Ep2 it turned out she was everything I don't like in people. A taker. I'd prefer her sister. I turned it off after ten minutes and that'll do for me.

Sacked Matt

Reply #92 on: September 30, 2019, 03:17:38 PM
To be fair, I am not sure you're supposed to like Fleabag especially with a name like that - there are, however, far worse characters than her and she doesn't really get away with everything.

There is another sitcom that just started on the BBC, Defending the Guilty. I was going to recommend it, although with the warning that the character played by the lady from the IT Crowd is, if the first three episodes are representative, an irredeemable taker - although as the characters are lawyers that was probably inevitable.

Sacked Matt

Reply #93 on: November 04, 2019, 02:38:18 PM
His Dark Materials was excellent yesterday. It instantly felt like a much better adaptation of the book than the film and I am confident it won't need to substitute in the "happy" ending. It was a little bit of a shame that they had to start with text explaining the concept of daemons however I doubt that it would have made much sense to anyone that hadn't read the books otherwise - slowly establishing how they worked in the books was such a pleasure.

The third book is going to be really difficult to make. It is just an incredible piece of writing with the scale of its settings, the sheer outlandishness of various ideas and so much emotional punch. The effort put in to this first episode suggests that they will try their very hardest to do a good job with it when the time comes anyway.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #94 on: November 04, 2019, 03:38:25 PM
I might give it a go.
I'm not a huge fan of teen fiction, but The Golden Compass was a passable watch.

No I won't, I don't subscribe to BBC any more (thought it was on Netflix or Prime).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 03:41:51 PM by Wooster »

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #95 on: November 04, 2019, 08:40:22 PM
Killjoys, probably finished for good now. Pity. I enjoyed it. Ended S5 ep10.

I need to finish that series got to episode 5 i think

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #96 on: November 05, 2019, 11:01:04 AM
Monzon is a surprisingly good Argentine series about the famous world champion boxer who was arrested for the murder of his wife.
The investigation is fascinating, not least the interested parties, the twists and turns and the whole is interwoven with how he reached the very top in boxing from humble beginnings.
It's subtitled, but not sure about dubbed.
https://www.netflix.com/ar-en/title/81105406

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #97 on: November 05, 2019, 05:37:25 PM
We don't take to dubbing here. Many Continental countries do, but not the UK. I've not seen that advertised.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #98 on: November 06, 2019, 09:54:58 PM
I note Supergirl is fuller in the face in this series. She's grown up but the plot is poor, the action amateurish. Time I stopped watching.

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #99 on: November 06, 2019, 10:20:10 PM
We don't take to dubbing here. Many Continental countries do, but not the UK. I've not seen that advertised.
Agreed. Dubbing is horrible and loses the entire essence of the series or film.
I'm watching it with English subtitles, even though I can understand most of what they say.