PC-Forums

Netflix

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #25 on: April 07, 2019, 06:39:58 PM
The Disappearance of Madelaine McCann was interesting yet confusing and frankly, it didn't need the atmospheric incidental music, which made it all very tabloid. Mind you, that could have been the intention.
For my money, the little girl was taken by a trafficking gang.

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #26 on: April 08, 2019, 08:55:25 AM
Got to admit i did enjoy The Highwaymen

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #27 on: April 08, 2019, 11:24:48 PM
The Miami Showband Masscre is an eye opener regarding the lengths to which the British State will (allegedly) go.
The accusations are that MI6 were colluding with the UVF (including protecting one of the biggest mass murderers in modern British history) to set up a band as being part of the IRA, botched it with a faulty detonator that went off prematurely (the UVF claimed MI6 double crossed them with a load of these devices) and when two senior military officers flagged this up the chain of command (including a 32 page document to Thatcher), one was discredited as having mental health issues and the other was framed for a murder he was later acquitted of.
(The actual murderer may have been the British officer one of the survivors recalled was at the scene of the massacre.....resaon being, he was the only one with a very clipped British accent.)

It was also alleged at the time that Thames TV (remember them) lost their franchise to Carlton on ITV because they'd aired Death on the Rock, much to the annoyance of the Government, so Netflix may be showing something that few British broadcasters would do.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 01:33:17 PM
I hated any and all mention of the Troubles at the time. I found it beyond belief that any of could happen, on both sides. I won't be watching this either.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #29 on: August 17, 2019, 10:35:03 PM
GLOW continues to be good on Netflix (the odd bit of tit is a bonus but not required....still nice though)  :grin:

Btw, Doug Stanhope's 2017 show in his home town is pretty good as well.  :azn: