The Today Thread

[PCF]Falcs · 1014 · 60810

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #825 on: September 06, 2019, 09:25:36 PM
and the forum is back :)

richietog

Reply #826 on: September 06, 2019, 09:50:12 PM
What the deuce happened with the certificate thingy?

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #827 on: September 06, 2019, 09:54:25 PM
It expired yesterday, Just ignore the unsecure warning.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #828 on: September 06, 2019, 11:16:17 PM
Thanks, Wooster.

richietog

Reply #829 on: September 08, 2019, 12:26:59 PM
Weird problem on my laptop I had

I had noticed the memory  had gone down from 16Gb to 8gb. A bit of a problem getting the back off because one of the torx screws had a sheared head, so a rubber band solution was called for

Re-seated the memory modules, only for the problem to still be there, so swapped them around to see if the problem would prevent the laptop to start up, no such thing.

Half expected 8gb to show up in the Computer Property, but it showed 16gb, weird or what?

richietog

Reply #830 on: September 12, 2019, 11:46:03 AM
Another modeling site that I was on, bites the dust.

Tbh, it wasn't a good one either. It never changed its design to make it more responsive. The other one that I was on, also bit the dust. Mainly because there's this one that seems to be more popular than the others. It did a responsive site, but I think it was too late in implementing the change, because the owner claims it was of his own design. Oh well, two sites then.............I can't see the others going, because they are too popular, and I'm sure that a lot of people do have premium membership on those sites.....

richietog

Reply #831 on: September 13, 2019, 08:37:41 PM
Actually, one of them didn't go down, just removed the old domain and gotten themselves the new one they were working on

richietog

Reply #832 on: September 15, 2019, 09:55:29 PM
OMG, I've got a headache watching too much videos on YouTube

I really have to slow down on how many I view

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #833 on: September 16, 2019, 09:09:46 AM
That's something I don't do much.  :undecided:

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #834 on: September 16, 2019, 09:35:01 AM
I've been watching too many as well. Curious things like watching experts repair watches, or how to pick locks (it's a real sport apparently, no not kidding).

richietog

Reply #835 on: September 19, 2019, 12:17:12 AM
I've dropped my phone so many times now. The screen is really cracked and I'm not able to type anything now  :laugh:

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #836 on: September 19, 2019, 11:46:53 AM
I've dropped my phone so many times now. The screen is really cracked and I'm not able to type anything now  :laugh:
Try a tempered glass protector.

richietog

Reply #837 on: September 22, 2019, 10:33:02 AM
I hate the fact that I can't post certain photos on my Facebook page, but I guess its for two good reasons.

1) People don't rip them off and start claiming it was me who put them on merchandise
2) Facebook doesn't go around posting to news organisations and claiming revenue on them

These are really popular people, but some have such an ego, its not worth trying to fight them

richietog

Reply #838 on: September 27, 2019, 10:19:01 AM
I can’t believe this

My video collection on UV was migrated to Flixster, now they’re closing so therefore migrating my collection to google play

[PCF]Falcs

• Administrator
Reply #839 on: September 27, 2019, 11:58:17 AM
I lost my UV collection but wasnt to bothered as have them all on blu ray and dvd anyways

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #840 on: September 29, 2019, 01:40:37 PM
I had almost nothing in the house to eat so I dragged myself to Sainsbury's. It was pouring down. I was lucky to find a parking place. The shop was packed the the couple in front of me at the checkout had a +£100 bill. It was still pouring when I freed myself of the throng's clutches.

And ten days ago I buggered up my credit card by using it instead of my debit card to get cash from the hole in the wall machine. I used the debit card's PIN obviously.
Now I'm going to have to get a new one. Always a pain. I've been putting it off because it still works online.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #841 on: September 30, 2019, 07:31:28 AM
A CC is something I rarely use, maybe once a year or so.

Sacked Matt

Reply #842 on: September 30, 2019, 03:01:51 PM
I buy almost everything on credit cards, but really just to earn the small amounts of cashback. We used to have an offset mortgage so that also helped a little too, keeping that offset balance higher for longer. Mine are all set up with a full balance direct debit each month so I shouldn't get any additional charges - I am a lousy customer for the CC companies really as I try not to give them any additional money through interest or charges.

Glamdring

• Administrator
Reply #843 on: September 30, 2019, 06:21:54 PM
Same here. About every three months I get about £30 back to stick into my current account or take off my CC, which is paid off each month.
And, of course, the CC has that warranty system if you end up with faulty goods, that you don't get with a debit card.

Sacked Matt

Reply #844 on: October 01, 2019, 09:50:40 AM
I always forget about the warranty system on credit cards. Is it something of actual practical use? Have you ever come across anyone taking advantage of it?

Ugh, that reminds me, I have a garden shredder that keeps tripping our RCDs, even when plugged in to its own circuit breaker. Screwfix said they couldn't help at the shop as it was more than twelve months after purchase, but possibly the head office could do something for me so I need to speak to them. The annoying thing is on the side of the box it has huge letters stating it has a two year guarantee - I think that's with the manufacturer, and although I have the box, can I find the sodding manual etc - of course not.

Added it to my to-do list anyway.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #845 on: October 01, 2019, 10:00:00 AM
Get a spark to fit a higher rated RCD for that circuit?

Sacked Matt

Reply #846 on: October 01, 2019, 11:25:28 AM
Good point... seeing as our neighbour is a sparky, he might have some good advice on that.

richietog

Reply #847 on: October 01, 2019, 11:57:34 PM
Never mind about Google Play, might as well have it since I doubt if they are going to go bust anytime soon with the income they've got going

All my movies are now migrated to them...yeah only three so far....what to do if I get tempted to buy another blu ray and they've got flixster and UV on them???? I dunno

richietog

Reply #848 on: October 02, 2019, 09:20:37 PM
Hopefully I've swatted my computer wake up problems

richietog

Reply #849 on: October 04, 2019, 11:43:50 PM
Thank goodness I didn't have to use DDU to update my AMD laptop, but I still think I have to update it manually by downloading the drivers from the website rather than the actual software itself, which is annoying to say the least.

I think I also need to turbo charge the loading speed of the said laptop by seeing it that internal hard drive inside the keyboard access rather than the back one, though I guess I can do both while I'm at it