PC-Forums

Football

Wooster

• Administrator
on: October 15, 2018, 08:28:06 AM
Good to see the Scotland football team are back to their old form: Played 8, Lost 6.  :grin:

Glamdring

• Sublimed
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 10:28:03 AM
I like seeing them win. I follow Queen of the South each week. They're the only team I've ever seen play. My granddad took me. I was three and still remember it pretty well. I sat on the concrete terraces wondering what on earth was going on. I don't remember it being crowded.

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 10:36:47 PM
England were doing well with 0-3 up, until they let in two goals. But still managed to scrap a win

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 01:51:27 PM
Scotland.......oh dear.

I could do much better than them in FIFA 19 if they could challenge me to games of virtual football

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 01:03:11 AM
Omg, what a  result for Liverpool FC. 3-0 down from the first leg against Barcelona. They scored and won 4-0 winning 4-3 on aggregate

Glamdring

• Sublimed
Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 10:41:56 AM
Certainly some achievement against the Spanish side.

Glamdring

• Sublimed
Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 10:06:16 PM
It would have been nice if the women had beaten the US to reach the finals, but it wasn't to be. Shame.

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 12:08:57 PM
Most of the US Women team are a lot taller than theEnglish women, which goes to show why they are so much better

Glamdring

• Sublimed
Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 10:54:30 PM
Bloody football, back again. I'd have it banned between the end of March and the end of September. Give the other games a chance at the telly.

Wooster

• Administrator
Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 11:34:23 PM
The incessant SKY adverts about it do my tits in, let alone watching the shit.

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 09:53:05 AM
Bloody football, back again. I'd have it banned between the end of March and the end of September. Give the other games a chance at the telly.

To be honest, there is too much on the tv these days

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 11:06:39 PM
Things are just going from bad to worse with Scotland...oh dear

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #12 on: December 21, 2019, 11:53:15 PM
The team that I've supported for many years, have become the Club World Cup Champions, after they beat Flamengo 1-0 after extra time

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 10:19:36 PM
Liverpool are Premier League Champions..............I'm so happy!!!!!

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 01:06:11 PM
I've been watching a few of Maradona's early football career videos and although he's now turned into an absolute wanker of the first order, never mind the hand of God, he was an incredible, electrifying player in his day.

keasy

Reply #15 on: June 26, 2020, 09:24:42 PM
I don't follow footie but I do enjoy a good game. Thing is though I really can't get into it because its probably thee most toxic sport culture ever.

Not to say it hasn't got many, many positives within its culture but I always seemed to encounter the wanker element as a lad and when I played.

My mate is an ex Heart of Midlothian pro  (inverness, Elgin etc later) and he'll openly admit how toxic it all is and how he harnessed the toxic element  to be an utter wank-job just to rile the opposition up, especially if he knew they were better than him. He actually respected Henrik Larson because on his first encounter with the celts he tried and tried to get him to react and never could, says his professionalism was above that of most players.
He played full back and could when needed go centre back or mid, he 100% believed his job was to piss the other guy off enough and get a reaction   :cheesy:
It's toxic as fuck, his whole attitude got him punted and he ended up finishing his career at Stranraer before going on to manage junior league and then just giving up  :tongue:

This be him, is a good goal tbh, not just about pissing his opponents off LOL the other one was his Hearts 1st team debut I think, he'd been signed S-form as a 13 yr old then an apprentice.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 09:56:33 PM by keasy »

Splinter

• The Last British President
Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 12:12:21 AM
Some lovely goals there mate!

keasy

Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020, 07:09:03 AM
They are nice goals, he could have stayed in the bigger teams if he knew he accepted shit, but he doesn't. The Hearts manager spoke to him out of turn and he retaliated, got told her read finished in football. That's when he went to Inverness, for all the sway the manager had he couldn't stop him getting on other teams, he became a bit of a bargain.

richietog

• Administrator
Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020, 05:00:03 PM
Messi would have been proud of that second goal, it's what the Argentine did a lot in his early days as a pro, still does sometimes